5/25/2008

What Made Brandon Cry Today #1

Posted by Brandon |

Today in her Snackie Sunday post, Hilly asked what movies or TV shows made you cry. Oh boy, I could go on and on and on. It's embarrassing, or cute, depending on your perspective, just how often I tear up.

So because of this weird mixture of shame and pride that drives this urge to share, today I introduce a new feature on Down With Pants! What Made Brandon Cry Today...

1. The Deadliest Catch - It was a segment about a crew that abandoned ship, tied themselves together and tried to survive in a storm. I think it was the captain and his wife ended up together and after a Coast Guard helicopter passed over them and didn't see them, his wife gave up and passed away and he had to cut her loose. He survived but it turns out the boat didn't sink and if they would've stayed put, they all would've lived. Ugh. Wife dying, everybody could've been saved, grown man crying? That's a recipe for me disaster for me.

2. The Simpsons - This is all the fault of the new daddy hormones raging in me. It was the episode where The Flanderses get custody of Bart, Lisa and Maggie and in the end, they try to baptize them. When Maggie sees Marge and reaches out to her and Marge picks her up and spins, my eyes got nice and watery. I've seen that episode probably 20-30 times and this was the first time I've teared up. Again, I blame being a new dad for this one.

Stay tuned...later this week I'll show you my vagina.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

deadliest catch! gets me every time.

Anonymous said...

I think you are the ONLY person who teared up on a Simpsons episode...

Well, at least the only one who did and admitted to it... publically...

Brandon said...

hellohahanarf - Grown men talking about grief or crying is one of the things that will get to me. Sometimes the Deadliest Catch is rough that way.

Hilly - You can just call me Sandy

Dutchy - I tear up quite a bit during the Simpsons, but usually it's with laughter. Trust me, this was a first.

therapy in the making said...

I haven't watched the deadliest catch but I know The Simpsons Episode you are talking about. It was definitely very sweet. I didn't cry though.

Brandon said...

Colin - Thanks, I'm glad someone confirms I'm not totally crazy with the Simpson's crying.

marty mankins said...

That is a great Simpsons episode. Very funny and such wackyness, but with some touching parts.

Dave2 said...

This is odd... I must have missed the episode where the guy's wife dies. Doesn't even ring any bells for me... first or second season?

Brandon said...

Marty - That's one of my favorite Simpsons episodes.

Dave - I think it was first season. It wasn't one of the crew members on any of the boats, it was just kind of an aside tale of how hard and dangerous it is to fish the Bering Sea.

Subscribe