5/16/2008

Lebowski Friday - The Fucking Eagles

Posted by Brandon |

"I hate the fucking Eagles, man."

That one line alone is almost enough to totally endear The Dude and The Big Lebowski to the staggering amount of those of us that hate the fucking Eagles but, since the fucking Eagles are a strangely revered, almost untouchable band, were unable to say "I hate the fucking Eagles, man." It was so nice to have someone finally say it somewhere that it empowered all of us fucking Eagles haters.

I hate the fucking Eagles, man.

I hate "Take It Easy". I hate "Witchy Woman". I hate "Desperado". I hate "Hotel California". They are, to me, the most overrated band ever. They are a shitty country band, they are a shitty rock band, they are a shitty, shitty band.

I hate that when I was in high school and the fucking Eagles reunited for Hell Freezes Over, I felt compelled to like them because they were shoved down our throats and I was in a very vulnerable, trying to love the classic rock, trying to fit in position. I even had the damn unplugged album at one point. I still don't know why.

And if my cabbie were listening to the fucking Eagles, it would even be worth getting kicked out of a cab in the middle of Los Angeles if he wouldn't turn it off. That's how much I hate the fucking Eagles.

They blow and I hate them and I'm grateful for The Dude and The Big Lebowski for finally speaking up and giving a voice to those of us that hate the fucking Eagles.

Speaking of The Fucking Eagles, they are a pretty kick ass Tacoma, WA band that headlined Lebowski Fest in Seattle a couple years ago, for obvious reasons.

5 comments:

Whit said...

Have you considered therapy?

MC said...

On a dark desert highway, I dream of the Eagles meeting Walter Sobchak in a dark alley.

Karl said...

I actually like The Eagles, though their newest album sucks. I need to watch Lebowski again.

Anonymous said...

I cannot say that I hate them because I have only ever heard three or four songs but the three or four that I have heard are mediocre at best. Get out of my peace-loving cab!

Anonymous said...

Love the Dude, but really? You only hate them cause the movie tells you to, hahahah!

Subscribe