10/30/2006

A Peeve and a Meme

Posted by Brandon |

I got kicked off of The Peevery today. I failed to do the mandatory Peevery Halloween Challenge, I just never got around to doing it this weekend, so I promptly lost my peeving privileges. Oh well, I haven't wrote anything in weeks over there and I've been thinking that it's high time I start bringing my peeves straight to my fine readers. So without further ado, here is the first of my non-Peevery, Down With Pants! peeves...

I have lost all faith in the intelligence of the youth of America. While shopping for cereal last week, I overheard a mom and a daughter trying to decide on their own box of cereal. Mom wanted Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch. But the daughter insisted on Reese's Puffs because "it's the real one". What?! Reese's Puffs are not the real one you whipper-snapper. Peanut Butter Crunch is the original. Reese's Puffs, while tasty and less mouth roof destroying, is a rip-off of the Cap'n. Learn the fact before you open your mouth you little brat.

Nonetheless, I bought Reese's Puffs and discovered that the cereal industry is getting into the meme business. 18 Things To Do Before You're 18 is one of the strangest memes I have ever seen. It's ambitious (Play a part in your favorite tv show) but also sets it's sights very low (Meet someone with your own name) for those of us who wasted our teenage years. Anyway, I took the quiz and I failed miserably so I have changed it to 18 Things To Do Before You're 30. Unfortunately, I only have a couple months left to Conquer my biggest fear and to Pass my driving test the first time.



See? six out of 18 and I'm 29? I can't believe I didn't Invent a word that makes it into the dictionary by the time I was 18, and still haven't. What a crock. What have I been doing with all of these years?

If you would like to take the meme, the unchecked version is available by clicking here. But I warn you, it will make you feel bad about your childhood.

2 comments:

Dave2 said...

Holy crap! I've only done six of those things as well.

It's a pretty lame list, actually. Half the things you most likely can't do... I'd like to meet the kid who has actually completed this list.

Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch is one of my favorite cereals. I never get tired of it... even when the Reeses imitator came out.

Peeved Michelle said...

I only did slightly better with nine.

Subscribe