10/16/2006

My Life Spotting the D-List

Posted by Brandon |

Brian Bosworth: LAX Airport - My first celebrity sighting came while standing in line at LAX. I was flying home to Seattle after a weekend of apartment hunting down here and he was standing in front of me in the Alaska Airlines check-in line talking very loudly and forcefully to someone about a real estate deal. It was a great thrill for a long-time Seattle Seahawks fan, even if he was a huge bust. I couldn't be happier that my first celebrity sighting was of the star of Stone Cold and One Tough Bastard.



David Spade: The Avalon Hollywood - David Spade is even shorter than you would ever imagine. We saw him chatting with some friends in the parking lot next to The Avalon Hollywood following a Dan Band show about a year ago. We weren't sure if he was leaving from the show or if he was just showing up for something else. Nonetheless, he was there, on the corner of Hollywood and Vine, a place that we read that we would never, ever see celebrities. It's too touristy.



Mike Farrell: Ca Del Sole Italian Restaurant - We went to this restaurant expecting laid back Italian food. Wrong. It was uppity and fancy, but the food was pretty darn good. Anyway, Mike Farrell of M*A*S*H came into the restaurant with a large group of people. I always loved M*A*S*H and Captain BJ Hunnicut so I recognized him immediately even without his mustache. After reading about all the liberal activism he has undertaken over the past 25 years, I am now an even bigger fan. And I like to think that he was as put off by the snootiness of the waitstaff as we were.



Wilson Cruz: Hollywood & Highland Center - I first spotted Wilson Cruz of My So Called Life and Tick...Tick...Boom! (an amazing play we saw him in earlier this year) fame while another fan was chatting him up late Saturday evening at Hollywood & Highland. I was impressed because he genuinely looked like he was happy to have a fan stop and talk to him. I got Death? all confused because I said that he played Angel in the movie Rent when, in fact, that's Wilson Jermaine Heredia. I always thought it was Cruz that played that part in the movie and when we saw Rent on Broadway. It's easy to understand my confusion, Cruz has played Angel before and both guys look very similar and they're both named Wilson. Oh well, I was still excited see Wilson Cruz. I told you you'd never guess.

3 comments:

Greg said...

Now wait a second, David Spade is an annoying, horrible comedian/actor, but he's AT LEAST on the C-list.

I saw one of last season's American Idol semi-finalists (I think he was the last one to get booted before they were down to 12) at a record store. Now THAT'S a D-list spotting!!

Anonymous said...

OK... I recognize 2 outta 4 so that's pretty good for a DutchyBitch, isn't it? Why are you keeping quiet about your "video-experience" with Paris though?

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

The Boz! One of my all-time favorite athletes...but, I'm born and bred in Okla. and went to OU so why wouldn't I love the guy. He may have been a bust in the NFL but he might be the greatest college linebacker ever. I'm '80s college football nerding out here.

Plus, I don't care what anyone says--STONE COLD is a fun, biker, action movie that is a good genre picture.

Subscribe