9/07/2006

Yahoo Can Blow Me

Posted by Brandon |

If you're like me, you have quite a few different email addresses that you use on a regular basis. I have my work email, my blogs email, my "just my name" email and a couple of other ones that I no longer use. I use my "just my name" Yahoo address as my personal address. Most of my friends and my family use this address even though I now favor my Gmail account for almost everything else.

I was pretty happy with Yahoo until they launched a new login page featuring all sorts of "regular people" striking poses and hawking their features. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of having to see these boneheads every time I check my email, which I do quite often. I have a problem. Anyway, here are the ones that really piss me off...


Fuck the viruses! Zap her and her big ass tongue. I guess she just ate a lollipop or a popsicle or the blood of a newborn baby. Either way, that's one nasty looking tongue.


Yes, quick! Find that email of an old flame and have him call the cops so they can save you from the creepy old dude that is holding your campground hostage with just his fishing vest and a can of pomade. Now that's a reason to get Yahoo Mail.


This poor little bunny shows up more often than any other ad. I have to see it's sad little eyes crying for help from behind that hideous hot pink sweater 75% of the time that I login. Rabbit owners are almost always certifiably looney tunes and from the looks of it, this one is no different.


Intergalactic? Perhaps. Androgynous? Most definitely. Any guesses? Guy? Girl? Guygirl? If you said Hopeless Hipster, then you win the big prize. Gender matters not in this instance.


Ok Hippie McTarderson, don't ever do your "homie" stance again. Did you just break down a funky, fresh, dope, riggity-rhyme, my brother? Did you just pop a cap in that ass? Can we please declare Hip Hop dead now? Pretty please with sugar on top?

P.S...Please go visit my new renter, Make Me Watch TV. His site is why I continue to rent out my blog for only 10 credits. I have found so many great blogs by doing it this way and his is no different. On MMWTV, you vote on what he should watch on TV that night and he blogs about it. Definitely a different idea and quite the commitment. Plus, he's a Veronica Mars fan despite his early skepticism.

10 comments:

Avitable said...

If you used Firefox and AdBlock, you'd never have to see an ad again.

Anonymous said...

So, that's not you, behind the old guy?

Anonymous said...

I've never seen those before... then again, aside from what avitable is saying, I am also using Yahoo from Canada, so that could also be having an effect.

Well, that and a huge HOSTS file that blocks damn near every ad now.

Brandon said...

Avitable and MC - They aren't popup ads, they are inline images and messages right on the page. I wish I could use Firefox but my IT department at work won't let me. Kind of dumb.

Kevin - It might be Kid Rock. Either way I want to punch him in the face. And you win a big heart Congratulations!!!

Dutchy - Maybe it is. Mwhahahahahaha!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Check it out - Kid Rock is doing Yahoo adverts...

RW said...

Yahoo must really suck - they're telling me I don't belong to a FF League?

RW said...

No - I'm part of brandon's fantasy football league, but when I sign in Yahoo doesn't recognize me!

Brandon! HEEELLLPP!!

Karl said...

I think you should make your own Yahoo ads. Make 'em all Brandon style!

Anonymous said...

lmao! those are some strange ads for sure....

Gary said...

Nice blog dude, keep it up. Put some Google Adsense on your blog with all your traffic!! Peace out, yo!

Subscribe