9/18/2006

TV on the TV

Posted by Brandon |

Tonight was a great night of TV, finally. Well, some of it was crap but at least it was entertaining. The highlights/lowlights...

1. Monday Night Football - Ok, so I didn't really watch much of the game and I'm glad that I didn't because it looked like a snoozer. 9-0? Poor Kapgar, a 9-0 game won't help Byron Leftwich singlehandedly beat me.

2. How I Met Your Mother - One of the best but most frustrating shows on TV today. It's awesome when it's quick paced and doesn't try to sappy you to death, awful when it does. Tonight's show was no different. Really, really funny for the first 20 minutes and then dull and hokey the rest. I'm hoping this show will finally find it's goofball center soon.

3. Wife Swap - One of the founders of Talk Like A Pirate Day (which just happens to be tomorrow!) and his family were featured tonight swapping places with a suburban Californian organization freak. Of course I sided with the pirates but it's really hard to pick sides when both of them are so wrong. I enjoy watching Wife Swap, but the swap itself is a totally futile exercise because they are so opposite that there is virtually nothing that either side can teach each other. The opposition is too much to overcome. But from 9-10, there is absolutely nothing else to watch.

4. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip - The absolute highlight of the night. I hate Amanda Peet and I hate Matthew Perry but I loved both of them tonight and I loved this show. Schlamme and Sorkin have done it again combining Sports Night with The West Wing into a show that I am already ready to call one of my favorite shows on TV. I can't wait to see more next week.

5. Ellen Degeneres: Here and Now - After Studio 60 I flipped over to Comedy Central for the Daily Show and saw the tail end of Ellen's HBO special that they were running in place of Blue Collar TV. Can you imagine the rednecks tuning in to watch Larry the Cable Guy and Jeff Foxworthy and finding Ellen's hardcore liberal lesbian ass on their screen? It makes me happy just to think about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I am all about the Prison Break at 8, so I never got into How I Met Your Mother.

But 2 and a half men is a great comedy.

Brandon said...

Kapgar - I hate to gloat, it's not my style. But I threw down a whooping, so what can I do?

Snackipoo - Barney is great and Lilly was a way better character, I miss them. Enjoy Studio 60, it was great.

MC - I've never watched Prison Break, never interested me. Two and a Half Men is good, but I don't make a point of watching it. I actually usually enjoy Wife Swap more.

Dustin - Drama like that is priceless especially when you feel like one of them would be your sworn enemy.

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

i watched that Studio 60 too even though matthew perry is in it--loved it! i will be watching it every week it looks like.

Subscribe