3/01/2006

DWP! Movie Week - Part 1

Posted by Brandon |

This week is all about movies here at Down With Pants! All week long I will be picking the winners for the Oscars on Sunday, not that my opinion means much. Later in the week I will give you my report from the should-be-a-fucking-blast Lebowski Fest West. By the way, if anybody is attending Lebowski Fest please drop me a line and let me know. I'm going stag to Friday night's pre-party and wouldn't mind knowing at least one person there.

Anyway, onto my Oscar picks. I'm going to pick three categories each day and pick who I think should win and who I think will win. I haven't seen all of these films, so take it for what it's worth...

Documentary Feature:
Darwin's Nightmare
Enron: The Smartest Guys In The Room
March Of The Penguins
Murderball
Street Fight

My pick: Murderball
Their pick: March Of The Boring Ass Penguins (cute birds, boring movie)

Costume Design:
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Memoirs Of A Geisha
Mrs. Henderson Presents
Pride & Prejudice
Walk The Line

My pick: Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Their pick: Memoirs Of A Geisha (the academy loves Asian costumes, what can I say)

Animated Feature:
Howl's Moving Castle
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
Wallace & Gromit In The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit

My pick: Wallace & Gromit
Their pick: Corpse Bride (all three are highly deserving candidates, so I won't be too upset if Wallace & Gromit loses)

0 comments:

Subscribe