3/01/2006

DWP! Movie Week - Part 2

Posted by Brandon |

We continued to prepare for Lebowski Fest West by watching the movie and trying to think of good costumes to wear on Saturday. I think I will probably just wear my Kaoru Betto t-shirt and call it good. Some of these people put a lot of work into their costumes. Click here to check it out.

Now, the picks...

Original Song
"In The Deep" - Bird York - Crash
"It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" - DJay (Terrance Howard) - Hustle and Flow
"Travelin' Thru" - Dolly Parton - Transamerica

My Pick: "Travelin Thru"
Their Pick: "In The Deep"

This is a very tough category to figure out simply because you don't know what the Academy is thinking. There are two ends of the spectrum (Dolly and DJay) and then one song smack dab in the middle (Bird York). I think they will go with the middle, and "In The Deep" probably deserves it, it's a very pretty song, but because I hate Crash so much there is no way I can pick it.

Visual Effects
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
King Kong
War Of The Worlds

My Pick: King Kong
Their Pick: King Kong

If they don't pick King Kong in this category I will definitely think that there is a conspiracy afoot against this film. Something would certainly be fishy. There has never been a movie that did what King Kong did visually. I still think it deserved a best picture nod solely because of where it has set the bar for visual effects.

Best Actress
Judi Dench - Mrs. Henderson Presents
Felicity Huffman - Transamerica
Keira Knightley - Pride & Prejudice
Charlize Theron - North Country
Reese Witherspoon - Walk The Line

My Pick: Felicity Huffman
Their Pick: Reese Witherspoon

I liked Walk The Line and Reese Witherspoon, but Felicity Huffman was incredible in Transamerica as the lead character whereas Reese was the secondary character. But I still get the feeling, for no particular reason, that they will give the award to Reese.

0 comments:

Subscribe