3/06/2006

RIP Kirby

Posted by Brandon |


One of my favorite baseball players of all-time, Kirby Puckett, passed away today at the age of 45. It has been said many times today, but I have to say it again. Kirby Puckett was the man. That's all there is to it. If you wanted a storybook, heroic performance in the clutch, all you had to do was look at the Twins center fielder and chances were you wouldn't be disappointed.

It turns out that Kirby wasn't perfect, in fact, he was probably far from it and we will most likely learn all about his problems in the near future. But it doesn't really matter in the long run. Kirby will always be the man to me.

I'm not religious but I sincerely hope that there is a heaven solely so that Kirby can patrol center field once again. I'd be willing to bet that he quickly becomes the most popular player up there just like he did in Minnesota.

0 comments:

Subscribe