Do I believe in jinxes? Yes. You should not discuss a streak. Never talk about something great if you don't want it to end.

Since the birth of our first child, I am getting more sleep than before she was born. That's right, I said it. More sleep. Not less. I am pretty well rested.

I do not talk about no-hitters while they are happening.

Seriously, she's been sleeping pretty well with only minimal amounts of crying or general restlessness. And just in case she freaks out at night, I'm going to bed at 10:30 to 12:00 rather than 1:30 to 2:00. No more late-night blogging, Conan O'Brian watching for me.

If I were in the dugout, I would sit at the opposite end of the bench as the pitcher.

I've even been getting up early on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays for 6:00 AM pickup basketball at the Mormon church just up the road. It's the first time in my life I've ever gotten up that early to play a sport or workout.

There are two outs in the ninth and ESPN has just picked up the broadcast...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooohh.... you've done it NOW! I bet she was up ALL night after this post!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you knock on some sort of wood after you posted this?

Karl said...

Dude, never mention how much sleep you're getting after a new baby comes to town. You're more than jinxing yourself.

Subscribe