3/25/2008

DWP! Learns To Draw Again

Posted by Brandon |


When I was a kid, I loved to draw. I'm sure there are still tons of notebooks at home filled with sketches of various spacey things. It was all because of one man and his TV show. Mark Kistler's Imagination Station was, arguably, my favorite show on TV and I followed his lessons religiously.

I stopped drawing at some point and totally forgot about Mark Kistler until just the other day, when for some reason, I started thinking about his show. I couldn't for the life of me remember his name or the show's name but thanks to the wonders of the internet, I have found the man again. And guess what, he has short little eight minute drawing lessons posted on YouTube!

So getting back into the Imagination Station swing of things, here's the first lesson that I took - Flowers In A 3-D Box....


And here's the results of my trying to hurriedly follow along. Boy, it's been a long time since I've done any drawing...


Yeah, I need some work. But thanks to Mark Kistler's Imagination Station, I'll be drawing bug-eyed monsters and space stations in no time flat!

5 comments:

Karl said...

Imagination Station! YES! Great show.

Anonymous said...

I remember going to one of his summer art workshops when I was really young. That's about all that I remember though.

Brandon said...

Karl - I wish he had those old shows online. I'm sure they exist somewhere.

Jesse - I remember going to that with you, I think.

MC said...

Didn't he kidnap Alyssa Milano in the 1980's and end up with a steaming length of pipe in his chest dispensed from the hands of the current governor of California?

anthony said...

I have dreams of doing watercolors in the bath, and using my water as my rinse cup. Yeah, I'm usually drunk when I have these dreams, but they are still dreams, right?

p.s. I like your flowers.

Subscribe