3/20/2008

Late Night Baby Blogging

Posted by Brandon |

It's almost 2:30 AM and I'm sitting here on the computer waiting for my little girl to wake up so that I can go to sleep. It's funny how some things you do with babies just don't really work the way you would like them to.

Death? went to bed after feeding her around 11:30 or so. I put Addie down in her pack-and-play that we have in our bedroom hoping that she'd also go to sleep and I could play on the internet some more. Well, that didn't quite work out, she was fussing a lot and making too much noise and I didn't want Death? to wake up. So I brought her into the nursery/computer room and put her in her crib while I played on the internet. She stayed awake looking around and sucking on her binky for about an hour and a half and just when I started to get tired myself, she fell asleep.

Problem is, though I wanted to go to bed, I knew that as soon as I picked her up to take her into the bedroom with me, she'd wake up and have a freakout. I'd rather that not happen. I'd prefer her to calmly wake up on her own and calmly wake up Death? for a feeding.

I figured that would happen by now, but she's sleeping pretty good. So now I'm stuck here waiting for her to wake up and trying to decide what to do. I'm starting to nod off as I write this.

Oh wait, there it is, that little whimper, that little cry. I guess it's time for her to wake up, and finally time for me to go to bed.

5 comments:

Yaniv said...

I'll tell you what worked for us, though YMMV:

We bought the Arm's Reach Mini Co-Sleeper, and put it up against my wife's side of the bed. That's where Ronen slept for four months, until he outgrew it. Whenever he woke up in the middle of the night, my wife would slide him over to her breast, and they would both fall back asleep.

Peeved Michelle said...

You need a monitor. Don't get the Fisher-Price private channel one. It sucks.

Brandon said...

RTK - Yeah, I like the idea of the co-sleeper, but none of them work for us and our bed. Plus, I'm the middle of the night

Michelle - We have monitors, we just haven't got them going. As Death? points out, I could've just left her and she would've woke up when she started crying, we have a pretty small place. But I had never left her alone to sleep at night in another room yet and I wasn't quite ready to do so last night.

Kiri and Campbell's Dad said...

Was it just my imagination or did you whisper that blog entry?

Avitable said...

I'd think you'd be able to fall asleep sitting up in your chair by now.

Subscribe