3/14/2008

Hey Hey! It's An Interactive Movie Meme

Posted by Brandon |

Hilly and Sizzle are rocking this little meme on their blogs and I thought it was a lot of fun, so here you go. We'll see if I even get enough visitors to get any of these guessed. Here are the rules...

* Pick 15 of your favorite movies
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie (or quote them from memory because you are that bad ass)
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess
* Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed

These are your rules:
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions (Don’t cheat!)
* Leave your answer(s) in the comments

1. "This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!" - The Big Lebwoski - Guessed by Dave

2. "So she's kinda fucking cute. Let her touch your penis." - Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle - Guessed by Dave

3. "That is a babe. She makes me feel kinda funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class." - Wayne's World - Guessed by Hilly.

4. "Well, there was the part that you missed where I distracted him with the cuddle monkey then i said "play times over" and I hit him in the head with the peace lily." - Hot Fuzz - Guessed by Jesse

5. "Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work." - Office Space - Guessed by Sizzle

6. "Oh yeah, the Great Bambino. Of course! I thought you said the Great Bambi." - The Sandlot - Guessed by Cristen

7. "Alright, we have a piper who's down. It's alright, he's just pissed. We have a piper down, I repeat, a piper is down!" - So I Married An Ax Murderer - Guessed by Hilly

8. "Since you're new here, I'm gonna cut you a break... today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?" - Back To The Future - Guessed By Sizzle

9. "Patriotism swells in the heart of the American bear."

10. "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." - Star Wars - Guessed by Jester

11. "I tried to stand up and fly straight, but it wasn't easy with that sumbitch Reagan in the White House. I dunno. They say he's a decent man, so maybe his advisors are confused." - Raising Arizona - Guessed by Hilly

12. "Man that ball got outta here in a hurry. I mean anything travels that far oughta have a damn stewardess on it, don't you think?" - Bull Durham - Guessed by Catheroo

13. "Well, maybe you think it's intellectual because you were raised with a banana and an inner tube... This is an intellectual-free zone."

14. "One scoop of creamed potatoes. A slice of butter. Four peas. And as much ice cream as you'd like to eat."

15. "He's sex obsessed! The older generation's leading our nation in a state of galloping ruin!" - A Hard Day's Night - Guessed by Jesse

Guess away everybody!

20 comments:

Dave2 said...

LEBOWSKI!! HAROLD AND KUMAR!! Dude, we have the same taste in movies!

Sizzle said...

1. I can't pin point it but it is SO familiar!

5. Office Space

8. Back to the Future (?)

Anonymous said...

3. Wayne's World, party time!

I'll guess more...

Dave2 said...

P.S. Have you ever seen The Big Lebowski play on public television? Your quote is changed to "This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!" which I find to be almost funnier than the original.

Anonymous said...

7. So I Married An Axe Murderer

Why am I getting all the Michael Meyers ones and not the others?

Well, except the ones Dave got before me!

Anonymous said...

11. Raising Arizona

Ok promise I am done...I've wracked my brain for too long right now ;0

Peeved Michelle said...

6. The Whole Nine Yards?

Anonymous said...

4. Hot Fuzz

Brandon said...

Dave - How can anybody not like Lebowski or H&K though. And yeah, I have seen the censored version of Lebowski. So funny.

Sizzle - Right on both

Hilly - We recently bought Wayne's World not knowing if it really was funny of just funny because we were in high school. It's actually really funny. Gotta love Mike Myers.

Michelle - Sorry, it is a sports movie though.

Jesse - Nicely done.

Jester said...

10 is Star Wars. Duh. :)

Brandon said...

Jester - I can't believe it took everybody so long to get that one. I figured Dave would knock that one out right away.

Anonymous said...

Uhm...
#6 Field of Dreams?
#12 Bull Durham?

Brandon said...

Catheroo - #6 is a baseball movie, but not Field of Dreams. Think younger. Bull Durham is right, though.

Come on people, five more! The ones that are left are definitely the hardest ones though.

Anonymous said...

15. A Hard Day's Night

I just looked up the rest and there's no way I would have gotten any of them. I refrained from answering the Star Wars one because I knew someone else would get it.

Brandon said...

Hard Day's Night is correct, Jesse.

kapgar said...

Please don't tell me #9 is Pearl Harbor.

Cristen said...

#6 the Sandlot

Brandon said...

Kapgar - No, it's not Pearl Harbor. Would you have stopped reading my blog if that were one of my favorite films? I wouldn't blame you.

Cristen - Yep, The Sandlot!

Kiri and Campbell's Dad said...

#9 Red Dawn

Kiri and Campbell's Dad said...

I just googled #9 and I couldn't of been more wrong. Geez.

Subscribe