10/16/2007

DWP! Fantasy Football 2007 - Week Six

Posted by Brandon |

I've been playing this scoring format for over ten years and I can't remember a season that had this many 40 point performances. There were three more 40 point games this week. Snackiesonics had two of them: Tom Brady (43) and LaDanian Tomlinson (44), and another came from CineRobot's Adrian Peterson (40).

Snackiesonics showed the havoc that she could cause scoring a league high 144 points nearly doubling up Roast Ducks. The big three came through big time with the big games by Brady and Tomlinson enough to win alone, but Terrell Owens added 12 points and Braylon Edwards went crazy scoring 24. Definitely a banner day for Hilly.

Warped continued to roll along by defeating CK Lions 108-93. Seven Warped players scored in double digits with no player scoring more than 15. Talk about a balanced attack. It was Warped's fifth win in a row.

Quietly, johnnyhongkong moved into sole possession of second place knocking off the fledgling Honea Express 86-79. He is definitely sneaking up on people and has become a force to be reckoned with.

The hard luck continued for CineRobots. Behind the huge game by Petterson, he scored 97 points. But my DWP! team finally got it together thanks to unexpected big games by Maurice Jones-Drew and Wes Welker. My 112 points scored was a big time fluke played out at the expense of CineRobots. I kind of feel bad.

And I would be remiss if I didn't mention sinkintothepacific's first win of the season. He knocked off Turbo Chic 81-55 behind Brian Griese's 27 point outburst.

Here's the whole slate of scores complete with leading scorers...

johnnyhongkong (4-1-1) - 86 - Ravens Defense - 23 points
Honea Express (1-5) - 79 - Derek Anderson - 34 points

Snackiesonics (4-2) - 144 - LaDanian Tomlinson - 44 points
Roast Ducks (3-3) - 74 - Steve Smith - 20 points

DutchBitch Drama (4-2) - 73 - T.J. Houshmandzadeh - 26 points
Kapgar's Kapitans (4-2) - 54 - Ronnie Brown - 16 points

Warped (5-0-1) - 87 - McNabb/Galloway/Jags D - 15 points
CK Lions (4-2) - 71 - Palmer/Curtis - 18 points

DOWN WITH PANTS! (2-3-1) - 112 - Maurice Jones-Drew - 29 points
CineRobots (1-5) - 97 - Adrian Petterson - 40 points

sinkintothepacific (1-5) - 81 - Brian Griese - 27 points
Turbo Chic - (1-4-1) - 55 - Larry Johnson - 17 points


Oooo...week seven looks like it could be interesting. It's bottom feeders, or as I like to call them, underdogs, versus the top of the standings. It breaks down almost perfectly according to the standings, check it out (league rank in parentheses)...

Warped (1) vs. sinkintothepacific (11)
johnnyhongkong (2) vs. DOWN WITH PANTS! (8)
Snackiesonics (3) vs. Honea Express (12)
CK Lions (4) vs. CineRobots (10)
Kapgar's Kapitans (5) vs. Turbo Chic (9)
DutchBitch Drama (6) vs. Roast Ducks (7)

The best chance for an upset comes from the 12th place Honea Express. Snackiesonics will be without Tomlinson and Edwards and currently has Sammy Morris, Demetrius Williams and Ben Obomanu in her lineup. I don't even know who two of those guys are. I'm glad I'm not playing her though, this would be bulletin board material.

The other likely upset is Roast Ducks over DutchBitch Drama especially if Dutchy doesn't fix her lineup, although it didn't hurt her this week.

Which brings me to my final point. There are four teams on bye week, Cleveland, Green Bay, San Diego and Carolina. PLEASE don't have any of those players in your lineup.

5 comments:

Whit said...

Hilly knows no fear. Our team will just go out there and give it our all. Good Lord willing we'll win few games.

MC said...

While I hate losing, it is at least comforting to know that no matter who I put into that game, I would have lost, so I am somewhat less responsible for the outcome than I may have otherwise have been.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, when I logged into Yahoo on Monday, I was like "WTF..is Yahoo having errors?" because I really did not believe those men scored so high!

However the next two weeks are going to humble my ass back to the underground with my upcoming byes! Oh and those players are ones I just threw in as a "better than nothing" replacement!

I may have a few high scorers but Warped can't lose!!!

Anonymous said...

I've got a bad feeling that my unbeaten streak is about to end. It doesn't help that my opponent has 3 players on his team that I have in my other FF league, so rooting against them in this league would probably be bad.

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

i'm hexed this year!

Subscribe