4/04/2007

Five Quick Things

Posted by Brandon |

  1. I just happened to see Sanjay Malakar's performance on American Idol the other night and I hate to admit this, but it wasn't that bad. I've heard much worse. I'm not an Idol fan, so I'm rooting hard for him to win.

  2. I went to Vons today to pick up some groceries and I can't believe how awful people act in the supermarket anymore. Between the lady in front of me in the checkout line who told her son to shove the book that he was reading up into the candy shelves instead of telling him to put it back where he found it like a parent should do to the lady in the parking lot that I had to yell at to move her damn van out of the middle of the road so that I could back out (she was just sitting there waiting for someone to come out), my faith in humanity continues to spiral downward out of control.

  3. One of the best things to do when humanity has got me down is to crank the sound in my car up LOUD and sing "Birdhouse In Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants at full voice. It's very therapeutic, it always makes me feel better.

  4. The downstairs neighbors are currently fucking. It's gross. I turned on my clock radio in the bedroom and pointed the speaker directly at the floor. I know they can hear it because I can hear their radio every morning. I might need to take a drive around the neighborhood with my iPod if it doesn't stop soon.

  5. I'm flying into Portland this weekend en route to my hometown of Olympia, three weeks too late. Maybe I'll stop at the Kennedy School and have a drink in honor of TequilaCon.

6 comments:

kapgar said...

If it makes you feel any better, stupid people are not just limited to West Coast grocery stores. We have them here in Chicagoland, too.

Wait, that makes me feel worse. They're multiplying like gremlins.

Anonymous said...

I just went raving lunatic mad at Albertson's the other day.

Of course, I love the fact that you pointed your clock radio down towards the nightbors!

Dave2 said...

If you are driving, The Kennedy School is only 10 minutes (max) from the airport... almost on the way, you could say...

DutchBitch said...

OMG! I know how you feel.. My next door neighbour is currently fucking as well... It's horrific...

Karl said...

Heh, I'm rooting for Sanjaya, too, and I don't watch Idol, either.

You really should stop at the Kennedy School. Say hello to the melty-faced kids in the paintings.

Anonymous said...

I watch Idol under duress and morbid curiosity. I'm a Deadliest Catch man. But even I can't stomach the notion of Sanjaya making it. It's a crime against humanity.

You brought me back to my 18 years in L.A. with one word -- "Vons." But anyway, inconsiderate and thoughtless people are everywhere, and we should have the right to thin their numbers at all opportunities.

You should really be respectful of your neighbors or even roommates when you're making sexy time. I can understand certain moments escaping you but c'mon, you can keep the majority of the sounds somewhere beneath the decibel level of an approaching jetliner.

Subscribe