4/30/2007

DWP! Confidential

Posted by Brandon |

I have purposely tried to keep this blog somewhat anonymous. In over three years of blogging I have only once revealed my last name. One big reason for this is my career. I'm afraid that eventually, while searching for a job, somebody will come across my blogs and turn me down because of them or my current employer will find it and get all uptight. Not that there is that much for them to get mad about, but still, in this climate of PC you can never be too careful.

But the biggest reason for the anonymity isn't my career. While I don't want to get fired because of my blog, I also don't want to work for a company that would freak out about it, so in a way it's almost a test for my employers.

No the biggest reason for keeping my identity somewhat masked is my wife and her career. As a doctor the stupid things that her spouse spouts off about, however innocuous, could actually come back to bite her at some point. To get her license and whatnot she has to go through extensive background checks and other screenings and it is her fear and my fear that somebody could take exception with something that I have written and make a big deal out of it. It's not unheard of, a woman back east was recently denied a teaching license because of a picture of her drinking on her personal MySpace account.

That is why I have never published much in the way of personal information about her or her actual name or even a picture of her. That is, until today.

Death? has agreed to let me publish one picture of her on here. So without further ado, I give you the very first picture of my wife that has ever graced Down With Pants!...


Didn't I tell you that she is absolutely gorgeous? Now you understand why I love her so.

In case you are curious, I accidentally took this picture at the Angels/Mariners a couple weeks ago. I was trying to take a picture of the both of us by holding the camera out in front but I forgot that I was messing around with the zoom lens minutes earlier and snapped the picture expecting to see me and her smiling back at the camera. It was quite a surprise to see just half of her smile in the review.

7 comments:

Avitable said...

There's a huge controversy right now about physicians who are blogging anonymously. Some people are up in arms about it, which I think is ridiculous. As long as it's anonymous, they should be able to say whatever they want.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can tell she is beautiful just by the parts I can see!

I totally understand what you are saying. My husband is not even a doctor but because of his career and the confidentiality stuff, I've pretty much removed all reference to him from my blog as well.

Karl said...

Yep, she's a cutie. Sucks, having to worry about stuff like that on the Web.

Dave2 said...

At long last, Death? is revealed.

Kind of.

She's not as scary as I would have expected for something with "death" in their name!

DutchBitch said...

Woohoo! I am glad we finally get a glimpse of her. What I am seeing looks very good! :-)

MC said...

Anonymity is good(coming from a blogger who uses his real name but reveals no other real info about himself... hehe).

Brandon said...

Avitable - The problem is that it is pretty easy to figure out at least where the posts are coming from and it opens them up to so many confidentiality issues. I think it is highly irresponsible for doctors to be blogging about cases or their patients anonymously.

Hilly - Thanks, I like her! I was wondering if you were married. I thought I had seen or read about him but couldn't find anything on your blog about it. I thought that maybe something had happened (and that is why Karl is there). I'm glad that I was wrong.

Karl - Thanks again!

Dave - She doesn't look scary, but trust me, she is. Not!

Dutchy - Hey, back off.

MC - Anonymity is good, but I do envy people like Dave and Karl who don't have to worry about it at all.

Subscribe