6/22/2006

Late Night Blogging

Posted by Brandon |

It's 2:00 AM and we just returned from a Coronet Theatre doubleheader in Los Angeles in which we saw...

1. tick...tick...BOOM! - An autobiographical musical by Jonathan Larson, who also wrote Rent. The music is great, the performers were awesome, the story is simple but very interesting. It was one of the best musicals I have ever seen. I highly recommend it if you are in the LA area. Tickets are a bit pricey at nearly $50 but you can get $20 tickets in the front row by calling the box office when they open.

One quick note, has anybody ever sat next to someone and been able to feel the air from their nose on your arm? Every time the girl next to me laughed, I got a full blast of wind. It wasn't that bad, it didn't bother me that much, but it was just so weird, so personal.

2. Eddie Izzard - Testing out some new material in preparation for a tour, or at least that is what I assume, Eddie is doing a handful of shows at the Coronet for the next couple of weeks. Eddie was ridiculously funny and because he was in preview mode, he ad-libbed a ton and made stuff up that was probably funnier than his scripted material.

Plus, we sat mere feet from him in the second row because we were mistakenly given our tickets early by the poor girl working the early show will-call booth. She wasn't supposed to, but because she did, we got to skip the line and sit right up front. Awesome!

Again if you are in the LA area, I highly recommend checking Eddie out. The only problem is that tickets sell out almost instantly and if you are lucky enough to get tickets, the show doesn't start until 11:00 PM because of tick...tick...BOOM! No matter, you will still have a great time. We sure as hell did.

Well, it's only four hours until the soccer match. Time to hit the hay. I'm not normally much of a patriot (I hate how cocky we are when it comes to international sports), but I am excited for this game. USA! USA! USA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only seen clips of Eddie Izzard online. I should probably add him to my DVD collection.

Anonymous said...

OMG. I am so jealous. I've probably seen Dress to Kill about a thousand times by now.

"Death, death, death, death, death, lunch, death, death, death, quick shower..."

Subscribe