6/28/2006

A Greasy Musical

Posted by Brandon |

I loathe Grease. That movie drives me crazy. In fact, I went so far as to quit choir in high school (yes, I was a choir geek) because the word was that we were going to do a Grease medley compete with costumes and choreography. I wasn't about to do that.

But then I saw Nickelodeon's High School Musical a couple of weeks ago, a movie that some people have been calling this generation's Grease. After seeing this squeaky clean, wretched mess featuring some of the least memorable music in musical history, I suddenly gained some respect for Grease. It made me rethink my whole position, maybe it wasn't so bad after all. Maybe it does have some redeeming qualities. It definitely is better than this pile of stinking poo.

So, when we were flipping through the channels tonight and we saw John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John dancing around, I decided it was worth another watch. While I will admit that the songs are memorable and, without a doubt, it is a much better film, I still loathe Grease with all of my being. The whole thing makes me want to wretch.

Which makes me hate High School Musical even more. How dare it make me question my longtime, devoted hatred of all things Grease. Just who do they think they are?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never seen it.

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

Grease is the word...

Subscribe