6/13/2006

Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah

Posted by Brandon |

Tell me if you think this was the wrong thing for me to say...

Death?: "I haven't got juror duty since we've been here."
Me: "Yeah...So?"
Death?: "Well, a lot of people at work have had jury duty this year."
Me: "You haven't had the clap yet either, but, like jury duty, it's only a matter of time."

Yeah, after further consideration, it probably was.

Anyway, I feel like doing this meme tonight. I did it a while ago but I feel like doing it again just for the hell of it. So here are the first 20 songs that come up when I push shuffle on my iPod.

1. Publish My Love - Rogue Wave
2. Big Dipper - Built To Spill
3. Smile No More - Gas Huffer
4. Black Friday Rule - Flogging Molly
5. Older - They Might Be Giants
6. Soul Sucking Jerk - Beck
7. Blue Orchid - White Stripes
8. Can I Kick It? - A Tribe Called Quest
9. Regrets - Ben Folds Five
10. Keep On Keepin' On - Curtis Mayfield
11. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
12. They Reminisce Over You - Pete Rock and CL Smooth
13. Just - Radiohead
14. I Am Somebody - Jurassic 5
15. She Lives In My Lap - Outkast
16. I'm Not Down - The Clash
17. Stuart - Dead Milkmen
18. Virginia Reel Around The Fountain - Halo Benders
19. I'm Free Now - Morphine
20. Marijuana - Reverend Horton Heat

Geez, I really am an aging hipster.

3 comments:

RC said...

i like a lot of stuff on your list...what a fun iPod w/ Rogue Wave, Ben Folds Five, etc.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I don't have one of them fancy iPod things (Zen Micro > iPod anyway), but I do have iTunes and Party Shuffle is my friend. I'll only do 10 to not take up too much of your precious DWP! space. I guess I'm not quite an aging hipster yet. Maybe in five years.

1. You've Passed - Neutral Milk Hotel
2. A Different City - Modest Mouse
3. Car - Built to Spill
4. Rabbit Fur Coat - Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
5. Don't Deconstruct - Rilo Kiley
6. Constantinople - The Decemberists
7. I Shatter - The Magnetic Fields
8. End Of The World - Ben Lee
9. Best Ever Death Metal Band In Denton - The Mountain Goats
10. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - The Arcade Fire

Anonymous said...

I did a slight variation on this meme. Instead posting the names of the songs, you post the first line of the lyrics and then let your readers try to guess what the song is.

You can see mine here: http://www.scott-o-rama.com/2006/05/19/the-music-lyrics-meme/

Subscribe