4/10/2006

The Lost Blogs - Day 1

Posted by Brandon |

Welcome to the my first entry for Kapgar.com's Grassroots Blogger Campaign to promote Paul Davidson's new book The Lost Blogs. His book is all about what it would be like if historical figures, such as Lincoln or Confuscious or whoever, had a blog. So to help get the word out, 40 bloggers are writing posts in the persona of their chosen historical figure. All you have to do is take a guess at who I am writing as and then go pre-order the book. Pretty simple stuff. So let's get this started...

Do You Want More, Son?

So here I sit, a gun in my lap, a flask of whiskey on the desk and the glow of my laptop the only light in my berth, just waiting for that son-of-a-bitch Siever to walk through that door. We're almost to Chicago and I've got myself an itchy trigger finger. If I get through this post, it means I didn't kill that asshole, yet.

It all started this afternoon. We're playing two against the Browns when Stoney popped one up. McIntyre just stood there waiting for me to go get it. That bullheaded bastard wouldn't budge, and I sure as hell wasn't going to bust my ass to save him, so the ball dropped between us. Naturally, I lit into him with a string of profanities so loud, they made my mama back home blush.

But that son-of-a-bitch deserved it. Stoney rounded the bases and scored easily. McIntyre cost Siever a run, and yet, when we got back to the clubhouse, that old catfish had the nerve to blame it on me. Siever bawled me out in front of the rest of the team and then jumped me back at the hotel.

So I beat his ass. I got him down on the ground and just tore into him. Right after left, left after right. I pummeled Siever's face to a bloody pulp. I beat the man senseless right in front of everybody. I can lick any son-of-a-bitch on this team and now they know that. They are sitting on the other end of the train just shaking, scared of the man. They think I'm crazy, and now I've got 'em right where I want.

But that doesn't mean they won't be coming, and I sure as hell hope they do. They're down there licking their wounds and plotting against me, I know that. It's only a matter of time before they try something.

But I got my pistol, I got my whiskey and I've got all night. We're a couple hours from Chicago and I'm ready to take care of business, if I need to.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmmm - good. I have an idea. You know this may be the opening to a good movie. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Brandon said...

Sadly, since I struggled mightily with the first post, I may have given away too much too early. Sports fans shouldn't have much trouble.

Karl said...

Just call me clueless. Very well done.

Anonymous said...

McIntyre? Are you a New Kid on the Block?!?!

Sorry, I just hadda. ;-)

ninjapoodles said...

I suspected, simply because of the movie with Robert Duvall, but I just read this first post, and ONLY this first post to my husband, and about halfway through the first paragraph, he interrupts with, "TY COBB, TY COBB, TY COBB!" and then wouldn't let me even read any more.

So. Ty Cobb?

Subscribe