3/26/2007

Freudian

Posted by Brandon |

This email has been in my work inbox for a while now and every time I read it, it makes me laugh out loud snicker like a middle schooler watching Beavis and Butthead for the first time...

Hi Brandon,

Sorry for incontinence, the order form requires you to order in eaches however when we input the order into the system we have to input by the case. We made the appropriate changes on the coffees but forgot the tea. We will make sure that we are changing the tea as well. We will have S. transfer them out and back to the warehouse

Sorry,

R.

Did you catch it? It took my co-workers a few reads before they got it but now it's a "running" joke in the office. Although now I'm afraid that it's in my head and sooner or later I'm going to use it in an email to one of our customers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I catch it? I think I just giggled for two minutes and I don't even know if it was that funny!

LOL

Anonymous said...

Please do the needful.

Brandon said...

Hilly - laugh out loud is the wrong way of putting it. I guess that I actually snicker, maybe giggle.

Jesse - Huh?

MC said...

Well, considering it is all about coffee and tea... yeah, it really hits at the heart of the matter... made me have to do a little running of my own, truth be told.

Anonymous said...

A running joke around here isn't so much a freudian mistype as it is a mistranslation. For some reason every Indian person uses "please do the needful" to mean "please do whatever is necessary." However, "please do the needful" sounds much dirtier in a subtler way.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, this proves that you have blogarrhea.

DutchBitch said...

Bwahahahaah! That's SO funny... and you are right: so dangerous because it WILL end up in the wrong email at some point...

It's like calling a colleague by a funny name all the time.. and then... You know... ;-)

Subscribe