1/30/2006

Top 5 Actresses

Posted by Brandon |

Who are the Top 5 actors or actresses that hold a special place in my heart? Cinerobot asked, Cinerobot shall receive. Except I couldn't pick just five, I had to break it down by sexes.

I've never really thought about it that much before and I'm sure that I am leaving someone off that truly deserves to be on these lists. But here it goes, starting with the females. Tomorrow we'll have the gentlemen.

5. Naomi Watts - She was so amazing in King Kong because of both her acting skills and her beauty. I'm a big gorilla myself so how could I not pick her? Plus I'm a sucker for an Australian accent. And I just realized that she is 37 years-old. Otherwise known as ancient for a top-notch beautiful actress like herself.

4. Maggie Gyllenhaal - Did you see Secretary? Nuff said.

3. Mary-Louise Parker - I love her dry, sarcastic wit that she combines with a sneaky smile and big, penetrating eyes. She did it in Angels In America to perfection and was one of the best characters ever on The West Wing. It was from that role that I got the impression that she was wickedly smart too. Alas, this is probably not true.

2. Audrey Tautou - Ok, so I have only seen two Audrey Tautou movies, A Very Long Engagement and Amelie. Amelie is, without a question, my favorite movie ever and Audrey is so ridiculously cute in it, it makes me happy just to think about it. A Very Long Engagement would have been horribly boring without her beauty and energy. The Da Vinci Code will be worth the wait just to see her as Sophie Marceau.




1. Natalie Portman - I hated Zach Braff in Garden State. No matter, Natalie was there to save the day allowing me to forget about Braff's general suckiness turning it into one of my favorites. She was the only redeeming quality in The Phantom Menace and the other Star Wars flops. Went to public school despite becoming a massive star during that time. Graduated from Harvard with a degree in psychology. Speaks five languages fluently. Has a smile that you can see from space. Has become very selective in her roles. Add all of those up and you have an actress that is irresistible and smart and down to earth and she shoots to the top of my list. The only negative is that she is a vegan. I need a girl who eats meat!

, , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

0 comments:

Subscribe