1/25/2005

I HATE SLAYER!!!

Posted by Brandon |

I'm willing to bet that what I'm about to say will get me more hate mail than anything I have ever posted, but I'm going to say it anyway. I HATE SLAYER!!!!

Oh my god, it feels good to get that off my chest. One of the guys at work brought in one of their CD's and has been playing it occasionally and it grates on my nerves every time I hear it.

The lyrics are supposed to be hardcore and graphic but to me they just sound like stuff only D&D nerds would be interested in(my apologies to the D&D nerds everywhere). And that's when you can understand them. One of the lyrics I heard today was and I quote "GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE, RABBA RABBA HEY, DUBBA DUBBA RABBA, UNTIL THE END!" Or something like that. And then there are the seemingly random high pitched guitar solos that are rhythmless and totally unnecessary.

But I have to put up with it. I play music that I know the others don't like so I don't think it's fair to ask someone to turn off something just because I don't like it. I turn it to KEXP whenever I can and I know that doesn't sit well with Mr. Metal (KEXP can drive me crazy too when it gets brooding and boring, which unfortunately is most of the time. But it's the only decent Seattle radio option anymore).


Listening to Slayer makes me long for the beautiful melodies of, well, really just about anybody. God I wish I had a David Hasselhoff CD at work to balance it all out.

0 comments:

Subscribe