1/20/2005

A Down With Pants! Poetry Moment

Posted by Brandon |

Tonight I bring you the first installment of DWP!'s Poetry Moment. This first poem is a very fine piece from an up-and-coming young talent by the name of Chris Bridges. His poetry is rooted in the Dirty South and his connection to the streets and the troubles that he has faced in fame. This poem addresses those problems as well as being a very touching tribute to his Grandmother, mother and all of the fine women that have been at the forefront of his life.

And now an excerpt from Chris Bridge's seminal love ballad, "Area Codes"...

Now everyday is a hoe-ly day,
so stop the violence,
And put the 4-4 away,
skeet shoot a hoe today.

5-0-4, 9-7-2’s, 7-1 tree, watcha gunna do?
you checkin’ out the scene, I’m checkin’ a hoe tonite,
with perpendicular, vehicular homicide,
3-1-4, 2-0-1 (hey),
Too much green, too much fun.

I bang cock in Bangkok, can’t stop,
I turn and hit the same spot, think not.

I’m the thriller in manilla,
Dong in Hong Kong,
Pimp ’em like bishop,
Magic, Don Juan.

Man after a henny and a coke and a smile,
I just pick up the muthafuckin phone and dial,
I got my condoms in a big ass sack,
I’m slangin this dick like a new jack (biatch).


Beautiful! Just beautiful. You can just feel the love and respect for women that Chris Bridges has in each and every one of his words. The women in his life have got to be so proud! Keep up the good work Mr. Bridges. We look forward to more inspirational words from you in the future.


0 comments:

Subscribe