10/17/2008

Southern California Edison Is Fucking With Me

Posted by Brandon |

I am Sink Into The Pacific's fantasy football bitch.

Southern California Edison is fucking with me and it's costing them a fortune.

After we moved from Ventura, we paid our last bill in full. All $40 or whatever of it. A couple weeks later we got another bill....for 21 cents. We totally forgot about it and a couple weeks later got a bill for 27 cents. Damn late fees.

So at the beginning of this month, I paid the bill. I wrote a check for 27 fucking cents hoping that we'd never ever ever ever have to hear from Southern California Edison ever again. Stupid bastards.

Yesterday we received what looked like yet another bill from them. Totally exasperated, we opened the envelope up to find out that we overpaid them. We now have a credit with Southern California Edison for six cents. Glory be! But here's the shit, to claim our six cents, we have to mail them back a form and then they will send us a check.

Let's review. They sent me a bill for 21 cents. The postage on that bill was 38 cents. I forgot to pay it so they sent me another bill for 27 cents. The postage on that bill was another 38 cents. I paid their 27 cent bill and affixed postage for 38 cents. They then sent me a credit for six cents paying another 38 cents in postage. To claim my six cents, I have to pay 38 cents in postage and then they'll send me a check in an envelope that need 38 cents of postage.

So if I claim my six cents...

  • Southern California Edison loses $1.46. Yeah, suck on that.
  • I lose 97 cents. Yeah, suck on that.
  • The real winner though - The US Post Office, who makes $2.28
I think I'll do it on sheer principle. I think SoCal Edison deserves to lose $1.46 claiming 21 cents after we thought we had paid off our entire bill. Plus, I come from a long line of postmen so I'm happy to see the Post Office profitting from the greediness and stupidity of corporate America.

6 comments:

Whit said...

That shit always happens. What the hell are they thinking?

Mags said...

Hello Mr. Pants,

I was tagged for a bloggy-game, and rather than conjure up the ire of friends I've been rather absent from lately, I've decided to tag a friend who never checks her blog, MC Hammer, and you. No, you don't know me. Why would I do this to you, a complete stranger? Because your blog is called "Down With Pants!" That's just damn funny.

Really, you've brought this on yourself. Sorry about that.

Good luck with your forced bilking of SoCal Edison. It seems to me like an admirable way to blow 97 cents.

I'll look forward to your ignoring of this tag.

Sincerely,

Mags.

marty mankins said...

These utility companies crack me up. I got an AT&T bill for $.02 (it was a credit, not me owning) for over a year before they finally wrote it off. The postage on each envelope was a bulk rate, but at $.21 per bill sent out.

I am convinced that this is the reason why large companies lose billions. That and their golden parachute bonuses that their CEOs get.

SUEB0B said...

I got a letter notifying me I had gotten an award as part of a class action suit. I filled out the form, sent it in. They sent me another form I had to fill out. Then 3 letters telling me the award was on the way. Then a check for 1 cent. Yes, they did.

Justin Scott said...

haha that's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://eredojuwa.fcpages.com/jycaqy.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Subscribe