12/29/2004

My 15 Favorite Songs of 2004

Posted by Brandon |

I feel compelled to do some "Best of 2004" lists. Of course I realize that a "Best of" list is completely subjective so I won't force my opinions down your throat. What follows is simply the songs that have become my favorite this year. I don't really think that they are the best songs of the year, just the ones that I would put on a mix tape if someone asked me to...

Bonus #16 - "99 Problems" - DJ Danger Mouse - The Grey Album
15. "Move On" - Mike Doughty - Future Soundtrack For America
14. " Some Postman" - Presidents of the USA - Love Everybody
13. "I'll Be Around" - Cee-Lo Green - The Soul Machine
12. "Hoist That Rag" - Tom Waits - Real Gone
11. "Doublewide" - Southern Culture on the Skids - Mojo Box
10. "Portland, Oregon" - Loretta Lynn and Jack White - Van Lear Rose
9. "Common People" - William Shatner - Has Been
8. "Blinded By the Light" - The Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free
7. "Me & Mia" - Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - Shake the Sheets
6. "Sex, Love and Money" - Mos Def - New Danger
5. "I'm Tongue Tied" - Magnetic Fields - I
4. "Through the Wire" - Kanye West - College Dropout
3. "Way of the Light" - Gift of Gab - 4th Dimensional Rocketships Going Up
2. "Section 12 (Hold Me Now)" - Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy
1. "Float On" - Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Anything I might have missed? Have a song that really did something for you? Does my taste totally suck? Let me know...

0 comments:

Subscribe