4/06/2008

DWP! - Mr. Mom To Be

Posted by Brandon |

When I wake up tomorrow morning, I will wake up to a whole new chapter in my life. Tomorrow morning, when Death? returns to work - a very demanding and time consuming job, I might add - I become a Mr. Mom, a house husband, the main caregiver to my little girl.

I'm not going to lie to you, despite my cool facade that I'm trying to put up at home, I am a little bit scared. I think I'm ready and I think it's going to be fine, but I really have no idea how Addie is going to react to not having mommy around all the time catering to her every hungry whim.

Since we got back from our trip home, she has been very fussy and very unpredictable and is totally off her old, easy routine. She's still a great baby and is probably better than most, but compared to before, it's been stressful trying to make her happy. I'm hoping that she won't continue this trend for my first day on my own. If she does continue this, I will be a big frazzled mess by the time Death? comes home. If not, I might turn into a killer housewife and a big blogging fool.

That being said, I'm also really excited. She has just started developing a personality and it's so cute. She learned how to smile the other day and now hands them out like candy. She's giggled a little bit and makes a bunch of happy noises and soon, very soon, she'll laugh. It's going to be a great laugh, I can tell, and I can't wait to hear it.

And she has started to take an interest in everything and seems to be learning at an amazing rate. In fact, I think that's why she's been so fussy. She is so fascinated by her surroundings that she's wearing herself out and then fighting going to sleep. She just can't stand being asleep right now.

It's going to be great to be home to see her develop over the next three months. Let's just hope she also gets on a routine and takes it a little bit easy on Daddy.

Now, it's off to bed. Death? has to be in to work by 6:00 AM. I don't anticipate getting a whole lot of sleep after she leaves.

4 comments:

kapgar said...

Good luck, m'man. And no holding the kid over a portable handdryer, okay?

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you secret, I was terrified the first day The Man went back to work when The Boy was a baby. It'll be fine. (Or you'll have great blogging material. So all will not be lost.)

Anonymous said...

Awww Hon! You'll do FINEEEEEEE

Ginormous Boobs said...

Can't wait to hear how this went.

Subscribe