4/28/2008

Bad Daddy

Posted by Brandon |

Because it was so hot here yesterday, we decided to cool off at the beach. Taking Addie to the beach means bringing a ton of stuff. Chairs, towels, body board, picnic bag, diaper bag and of course, her in her car seat. Death? tried to grab what she could, but I still ended up with the chairs, the diaper bag and Addie.

Both of my arms were full and weighted down so I couldn't kick off my flip-flops once we hit the thick sand. It didn't occur to me that flip-flops are like little springy scoop shovels from hell. So when I got down to where Death? was setting up shop and I finally got to drop the chairs and put Addie down, I was shocked and totally dismayed to find her covered in a layer of sand. It was everywhere. It was in her hair, her mouth, her eyes, her nose, her clothes, her diapers, her little fat rolls, her car seat. Everywhere.

I felt so horrible. It was the first time I've made a mistake like that so far. Bad daddy! Baaaaad daddy!

Thankfully, all was okay. She didn't even cry, not at all. In fact, I think she kind of liked it. A quick wash up with a towel at the beach and later a shower with mommy and despite still finding sand hidden in various places, all was forgotten...for her. I'll never forget the day that I gave her her first sand bath and how bad and how stupid it made me feel. I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Related bad daddy stuff - She went to her first movie on Friday, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. She was awake for the whole movie and may have accidentally seen her first naked man. Whoops!

Then today, we took her to a matinée of Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay. Thankfully for her future vocab, she slept through the whole thing.

4 comments:

Ginormous Boobs said...

Besides the sand in the face, you sound like a pretty rad daddy!

Brandon said...

GBoobs - Thanks! I'm trying. I think I'm going to be a pretty rad dad myself.

Avitable said...

Sarah Marshall was a hilarious movie - that's a good movie for her to start with.

Karl said...

So what did you think of Harold and Kumar?

Subscribe