11/24/2007

Yelp Seattle Meme

Posted by Brandon |

I swear to you that I will be back next week with a full week of posts. But in the meantime, here's a meme that I just filled out over on the Yelp Seattle message boards....

1) Who's your favorite Seattle character, living or dead, real or fictional?
John Curley. Have you ever seen him running in Fremont in his little short shorts?

2) What's the best meal you've eaten in the Seattle Area?
Well, maybe not the best, but my favorite is either a Gorditos Wet Burrito or a Ragin Cajun from Other Coast

3) In one sentence, what do you actually do all day in your job?
Sit on my ass, Yelp and occasionally delegate responsibility.

4) Where do you get your coffee?
I work for a coffee company so that's where I get my coffee. I don't put the name of the company anywhere to protect both me and the company.

5) What's the last thing you saw live in a theater?
Music: They Might Be Giants at Ventura Theater. Theatre: Avenue Q in New York.

6) Do you give money to panhandlers?
No.

7) What's your drink?
The Flaming Pantywaist - Bonny Doon Framboise with Sprite Zero. It's awesome, I shit you not.

8) How often do you prepare your own meals?
Five days out of the week, or so.

9) What's your favorite medication?
I don't take any medications

10) What's hanging above your sofa?
In The Well of the Great Wave Kanagawa by Hokusai

11) How much is too much to spend on a haircut?
$20

12) When's bedtime?
1:00 AM to 1:30 AM

13) Brunch: pro or con?
Pro, but I rarely go.

14) What's your thread count?
Couldn't say.

15) What do you hate most about living in the Seattle Area?
Now that I've lived in California, it's the slow driving.

16) What's your brand of jeans?
Levi's. Always has been. I've never owned a pair of jeans that weren't Levi's.

17) When's the last time you drove a car?
This morning.

18) Who should be the next president?
Stephen Colbert

19) PI, Times, Stranger or Weekly?
The Stranger

20) Sonics: stay or go?
As long as Clay Bennett is the owner, they should go. If they stay, I'd prefer them to find local ownership and stay in the Key Arena.

21) What makes someone a Seattle person?
Modesty and being humble. That's what the rain does to a person, especially if you grew up here.

Bonus Question - What do you Love about living in Seattle?
I love those days when it's rained for weeks on end and suddenly it's absolutely beautiful out and despite the fact that it might only be 40 degrees out, people spend the whole day outside enjoying their one glimpse of sun for what could be another few weeks.

2 comments:

Dave2 said...

John Curley over J.P. Patches??

My favorite Seattlite would have to be Joel McHale... even though he, like you, now lives in SoCal.

Brandon said...

Ok, welll, I was having a hard time thinking of a Seattle Character. I like John Curley because he's such a happy little elf.

Joel McHale is pretty good too. Hard to believe that someone off of Almost Live! would actually make something of themselves nationally.

Subscribe