11/06/2007

DWP! Fantasy Football 2007 - Week 9

Posted by Brandon |

Wow, another high scoring week, a week in which the top half of the standings took care of business and most of us bottom feeders struggled.

The big news is that there is still one of the weirdest looking ties for first place that I can ever remember. DutchBitch Drama won her fourth straight game with a 120-70 mashing of Honea Express to run her record to 7-2 while Warped eeked out a 76-67 win over Turbo Chic and now sits at 6-1-2. Both teams have a .778 winning percentage but Dutchy has the edge on total points, so technically she's currently in first place.

Snackiesonics was right there with DutchBitch Drama and Warped, but couldn't coax even one point out of Demetrius Williams on Monday night and ended up in a 93 point tie with CK Lions. She drops into third place all by her lonesome.

The high scorer of the week was johnnyhongkong with 123 points behind amazing play from Tony Romo and his receivers Santonio Holmes and Greg Jennings. It's not often that you see a high scorer get only nine points from his running backs though. And poor sinkintothepacific, he scores 108 points but still loses by 15 to johnnyhongkong. It's been a tough season.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that CineRobots at one point had 66 points with 46 of those coming from Adrian Peterson. Your homer scouts definitely did their homework.

Here's the whole slate of scores complete with leading scorers...

johnnyhongkong (5-3-1) - 123 - Tony Romo - 28 points
sinkintothepacific (3-6) - 108 - Reggie Bush - 23 points

DutchBitch Drama (7-2) - 120 - Joseph Addai - 28 points
Honea Express (2-7) - 70 - Steelers Defense - 18 points

Snackiesonics (6-2-1) - 93 - Tom Brady - 25 points
CK Lions (5-3-1) - 93 - Carson Palmer - 20 points

DOWN WITH PANTS! (4-4-1) - 101 - Marshawn Lynch - 27 points
Roast Ducks (3-6) - 98 - Jamal Lewis - 33 points

CineRobots (3-6) - 83 - Adrian Petterson - 40 points
Kapgar's Kapitans (4-4-1) - 60 - Brett Favre - 22 points

Warped (6-1-2) - 76 - Ron Dayne - 18 points
Turbo Chic - (2-6-1) - 67 - Clinton Portis - 25 points


Oh boy, do we have a doozie lined up for this weekend as DutchBitch Drama and Warped will duke it out for first place. Sadly, both teams will be without major cogs in the offense, none bigger than DutchBitch's loss of Randy Moss to the bye week.

Here's the rest of the matchups in week ten. League rank in parentheses...

DutchBitch Drama (1) vs. Warped (2)
Snackiesonics (3) vs. sinkintothepacific (10)
johnnyhongkong (4) vs. Kapgar's Kapitans (6)
CK Lions (5) vs. Roast Ducks (8)
DOWN WITH PANTS! (7) vs. Honea Express (12)
CineRobots (9) vs. Turbo Chic (11)

This is the last of the bye weeks and there are four teams not playing. New England, New York Jets, Houston and Tampa Bay. All of those Patriots players out of the mix should make for some interesting lineups.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

See?!?! I don't know why everyone bitches about my team when I am not the real person to worry about, ahem ;).

I am screwed this week too with my bread winner on BYE...but next week, Kevin better lookout cause I will be gunning for him.

Holy crap, where did all of this testosterone come from?

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP! What happened here? *heh*...

Whit said...

I say it every week, but this is my worst team ever. What the hell.

MC said...

I survived... I can't believe I survived.

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

I have not given up on .500 yet! although i can't expect adrian peterson to carry me every week.

Anonymous said...

If I lose to Dutch this week, hopefully it'll be because Addai had a big game. I got him in my other FF league.

Subscribe