9/25/2007

2007 DWP! Fantasy Football - Week Three

Posted by Brandon |

Wow, what a week. It was possibly the highest scoring week in fantasy football history with 16 players scoring 20 or more points, seven scoring more than 30, and three guys scoring 40.

Two of those forty point scorers (Kevin Curtis and Brian Westbrook) belonged to the CK Lions who continued to dominate with a 143-57 over the struggling sinkintothepacific.

But not even 80 points from two players could help the Lions take home the coveted BLT High Scorer award, not with Kapgar's Kapitans kicking ass and taking names. 163 points! 40 from Ronnie Brown? 32 from Brett Favre? 26 from Roy Williams? My team never had a chance despite scoring a respectable 89 points. Congratulations Kapgar, don't get used to days like that.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the hard luck CineRobots who posted 116 points...and lost. But it's tough when Snackiesonics has 34 points from Tom Brady and 22 from Marion Barber III. I'm telling you, she has the toughest team and will be a force all season.

Here's the whole slate of scores complete with leading scorers from week three...

Snackiesonics (2-1) - 131 - Tom Brady - 34 points
CineRobots (0-3) - 116 - Adrian Peterson - 18 points

Warped (2-0-1) - 89 - Donovan McNabb - 37 points
Roast Ducks (2-1) - 85 - LaMont Jordan - 21 points

CK Lions (3-0) - 143 - Curtis/Westbrook - 40 points
sinkintothepacific (0-3) - 57 - Cowboys Defense - 21 points

DutchBitch Drama (2-1) - 93 - Kitna/Moss - 23 points
johnnyhongkong (1-1-1) - 84 - Tony Romo - 23 points

Turbo Chic - (1-2) - 66 - Clinton Portis - 15 points
Honea Express (1-2) - 46 - Steelers Defense - 11 points

Kapgar's Kapitans (2-1) - 163 - Ronnie Brown - 40 points
DOWN WITH PANTS! (1-2) - 89 - Anquan Boldin - 30 points


A hefty battle is brewing in week four as the two top scoring teams in the league square off. Luckily, with the first round of bye weeks upon us, neither Kapgar's Kapitans or CK Lions will be missing any key players, only a couple of bench players. But will Kapgar get that much out of Brown and Favre again? Will the Lions get anywhere near the production out of Curtis and Westbrook? Both teams have enough firepower to pick up the slack, so it should be a real, hardcore battle.

Here's the full week four schedule...

CineRobots
vs. Roast Ducks
Snackiesonics
vs. johnnyhongkong
sinkintothepacific vs. DutchBitch Drama
Warped vs. Honea Express
Turbo Chic vs. DOWN WITH PANTS!
CK Lions vs. Kapgar's Kapitans

Don't forget that there are four teams with byes this week. Tennessee, New Orleans, Washington and Jacksonville. Make sure that players from those teams aren't in your starting lineup.

6 comments:

anthony said...

I am proud to say that at one point I was losing 134 to 9. That is quality gamemanship my friends!

MC said...

That was pluck my friend, that was pluck.

And I would like to thank Hilly for dropping Kevin Curtis so I could pick him up and get his 40 points on Sunday.

kapgar said...

I don't expect that kind of output from Ronnie Brown again, but Favre could still get me some decent points on a weekly basis. And what the hell is wrong with Rudi Johnson??? Then again, in my other league, I have Larry Johnson and he's done even worse for me.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, who knew Kevin Curtis would actually make something out of himself? ;) Oh waiiiit....

MC said...

I'm just saying that if you put him on the trading block, I would have likely given you a good deal.

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

my team has "issues"...from my #2 pick steven jackson being a huge BUST to bad luck in who i play to making a bad lineup choice. you name it, going wrong.

Subscribe