5/03/2007

No More Carlos

Posted by Brandon |

I watch Comedy Central's The Daily Show and The Colbert Report nearly every night and I'm starting to get sick and tired of having Carlos Mencia shoved down my throat during the commercial breaks. His show isn't even the least bit funny anymore. There was a five minute window during the first season when both me and the wife thought he was hilarious, but there are only so many times that you can hear the same racial joke especially if it's stolen from another comic.

Speaking of TV, I signed on to write about some of the crap that I watch over at Snackie TeeVee. My area of expertise is late night television and religious programming. I don't know how that's going to work out.

DWP! PICTURE OF THE DAY



Maybe the most confused business in Southern California.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I live about five freeway exits south of TBN if you want me to book you a tour ;).

Peeved Michelle said...

I agree about Carlos Mencia. We liked his show the first part of the first season and went to go see him at Universal. His stand up was bad and his politics laughable. I haven't watched his show since.

Anonymous said...

I watched Mencia the other night and thought that a lot of the racial stereotype jokes he threw out there were exactly the same kind of stuff I heard when I was a teenager, 25 years ago. Nothing really ground breaking there.

Anonymous said...

Carols Mencia is a tool! He reminds me of an obnoxious 10 year old. And like gary said, the jokes are like rejects from a 1987-era Def Comedy Jam.

Anonymous said...

They tried to make Mencia the Latino Chappelle and failed. Miserably.

And your right, Comedy Central needs to figure out that no matter how many commericials they throw at us, we're not gonna watch his no-talent-ass-clownery.

Lisa Snider said...

Isn't there some controversy about Mencia stealing other people's jokes? Anyway, I was just in Portland last weekend and on your advice went to the Kennedy School. Very cool. But McMenaman's seems to follow the McDonald's model of sameness wherever you go (I've also been to the Bagdad and the Columbia River pub). That said, I'll definitely go back to Kennedy for the Terminator Stout.

Subscribe