5/07/2007

Happy Anniversary To Us!

Posted by Brandon |

Two years ago today, surrounded by our best friends and cherished family, Death? and I were married. It was a beautiful ceremony followed by a great party and it, without a doubt, goes down as one of the best nights of my life.

In fact, this is our anniversary weekend. It was May 6th, 1995 when I took Death? on our first "official" date to my senior prom, or as my high school called it, May Dance. We went to dinner at the E.R. Rogers mansion in Steilacoom, danced a little bit at South Sound Mall in what is now the returns department of Target, sat and talked at the capitol building afterwards and then I gave her a piggyback ride back to the car because her feet hurt, tore her dress in the process and the rest, as the say, is history. It was the best night of my life up to that point.

Three years ago tomorrow I asked Death? to marry me. She never expected for a minute that I had saved up enough money for an engagement ring but after dinner and dancing I gave her the surprise of a life when we "stumbled" upon a candlelight desert at Kerry Viewpoint Park in Seattle. Before she even sat down she was balling her eyes out and moments later, so was I. I'm still not sure how I got the words out, but eventually I did and thankfully, so did she. It was one of the best nights ever and one that I will remember clearly for the rest of my life.

To celebrate our anniversary tonight we went to Chipotle for dinner. Every Monday in May hospital employees eat for free so we couldn't pass that up no matter the occasion. Then we went to my softball game (my work team for the Corporate Games tournament) where I hit a homerun and made a bunch of good defensive plays en route to a birth in the championship game tomorrow. Finally, we watched The Riches and had Rice Krispie treats and milk for desert.

It may not sound like a prom or an engagement or a wedding, but every day that I get to spend with my wonderful and beautiful wife is the best day of my life. Knowing that she is always there for me and knowing that she knows that I will always be there for her and the anticipation of what is yet to come in our lives makes every day fun, exciting and worth every minute.

Death?: thank you for all of the great times that we have had and here's to another great year that promises to be the scariest, most exhilarating, life changing and fun years so far. I couldn't be more excited that I will get to share it all with you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Avitable said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations to the both of you. Especially you, because, like me with my wife, you know how lucky you really are!

DutchBitch said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! Enjoy your marriage much much longer for all the years to come!

Anonymous said...

That will be the one thing I miss about living in Santa Clara: there's a Chipotle ten minutes from my apartment. If I want Chipotle up there I have to drive all the way to Federal Way.

Also, you need to look out for those candlelight deserts. I hear they can get really cold at night...

kapgar said...

Happy anniversary!

Karl said...

Aw, great story. Happy anniversary.

Subscribe