12/18/2006

Brother of the Brush

Posted by Brandon |


I am a token participant in the Brothers of the Brush competition that CineRobot is holding at Circle Cinema in Tulsa. Unfortunately, I live no where near Tulsa or else I think I would've had a good chance at winning this thing. Of course, I started a few weeks earlier than the rest of the competitors so I had a nice jump start. But I did give it a pretty hefty trim last week when I thought that I needed to make a good impression at my annual review to make sure I got my promotion. Turns out we did it over the phone rather than having my very pregnant boss drive 60 miles by herself and I still got the promotion, so the trim went for naught other than evening up the playing field with the rest of the participants.

The best thing about this competition so far has been the total cessation of shaving. I hate shaving with almost every part of my being, it's arguably my least favorite thing to do in the world. It's a necessary evil in many ways for a fox like myself, but this has been a good excuse to keep that damn razor away from my face. The only time I've picked up a razor in the past month and a half has been to keep my neck hair and my beard from joining forces. As much as I dislike shaving, I'm not quite ready to go the Chewbacca route.

By the way, notice the stylish hoodie that I am wearing in my own home tonight. Now I don't get cold easily and I prefer short sleeves pretty much the entire time, but ever since I bragged about how nice the weather is down here to all of my suffering, wind swept Washingtonian friends, the weather has turned bitterly cold at night, almost the coldest it has been since I moved down here. That will teach me to open my big mouth.

Finally, check out this mistake that I somehow managed to make on Photoshop tonight. I was just going to try to fix the color on my massive forehead but I didn't realize it was on impressionist brush when I started clicking. Before realizing what I was doing, I messed up my whole face except for my creepy, creepy eye...

5 comments:

Karl said...

Lookin' good, bro.

Anonymous said...

That actually looks like a valid beard this time instead of the usual random-colored peach fuzzy thing the Sparks' men grow. Maybe that's just me though.

Anonymous said...

As long as you keep growing the beard until February one, we'll think of you as a Brother...my beard is starting to pick up steam...more gray than I remember which is kind of unsettling.

Oh, well, less time until I can go "Whitman" on the world.

Anonymous said...

You should post something on the myspace site about yr growing yr beard in "spirit" w/ the other brothers from California...I'm sure they'd get a kick out of it.

and link it to DWP of course...

MC said...

I am sporting a Badly Drawn Boy myself

Subscribe