5/14/2006

Memes For Adults

Posted by Brandon |

I feel like doing a meme tonight. I don't do them very often but the mood hit me tonight so here we go. Stole this from Dave over at Blogography. It is quite long so I will try to keep the answers short...

  1. What's in the glove box of your car? Some normal papers. Oh yeah, and my iPod, I guess I better go get that.

  2. Favorite classes in college (or high school): Any of the radio classes I took.

  3. Shampoo brand: Suave, Sun Ripened Raspberry

  4. Favorite piece of furniture you own:Dining room table, it extends out to seat as many as ten, maybe even twelve.

  5. Idea of a really good first date: My last first date worked out pretty good, so I'll go with dinner at E.R. Rogers, dancing at South Sound Mall and a romantic walk at the State Capitol.

  6. Favorite fruit: Richard Simmons

  7. Pick a passage from a favorite book: "Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious and immature." - Tom Robbins in Still Life With Woodpecker

  8. What would you eat for dinner if it were your last night on earth? A Bon's Favorite with cashews and special sauce from the late, great The Pizza Place.

  9. Free Will or Destiny? Free Will

  10. What would you sing at karaoke? "Bust A Move" - Young MC

  11. Sweater or Sweatshirt? Hooded sweatshirt

  12. Paris, NYC, Tokyo, or Rio de Janeiro? New York City, but I bet Rio would be great too.

  13. What do you wear to bed usually? Basketball shorts

  14. If you dyed your hair, what colour would you dye it? Blonde

  15. If you went back to school, what would you study? I've thought a lot about this, probably journalism, or maybe finish a small business degree or urban planning. I'd probably just occupy various administration buildings though.

  16. Gum or mints? I like gum better, but I eat more mints.

  17. Recurring nightmares? None really, I get work anxiety dreams around Christmas though.

  18. Age & location of first kiss? C Hall at Chinook Middle School. Age 12 or 13.

  19. Describe your favourite pair of shoes: I've had multiple pairs of the same New Balance shoes for the past five years now. They kick ass.

  20. What movie/tv character do you feel like you relate to most? The Dude

  21. First CD purchase: I don't have any idea. Probably something bad. My middle school and high school years were spent listening to some pretty awful music. I'm glad I grew up.

  22. First concert: Case in point - Spin Doctors, Soul Asylum and Screaming Trees at the Gorge my sophomore year of high school.

  23. Do you like camping? Love it, but there has to be a nice warm shower at the campground.

  24. If you were doomed to be mauled to death by an animal, what animal would you prefer that to be? A Koala. Cutest mauling ever!

  25. Do you/would you own a gun? I do not own one and I doubt I ever will, but if I needed one, for example if I lived on a farm and had to occasionally put something down or chase something off, I wouldn't be afraid to own one.

  26. What religion would you like to know more about: All of them really, but since my lifelong dream is to become a televangelist (corrupt to the core) I should know more about Christianity. At least profitable Christianity.

  27. Favourite food as a kid: Kraft Cheese & Macaroni. Still top five today.

  28. How many languages do you speak? Just one, the language of love.

  29. If you were a natural disaster, would you be a tornado, hurricane, or earthquake? Hurricane, just so I could knock Al Roker on his ass again.

  30. If you could make one state in the US just go away, which state would that be? I'm with Dave, South Dakota right now. Although the Corn Palace and Wall Drug were so cool I would hate to see those go. So, since I hate The Ohio State University to my core, Ohio is probably the state I would choose.

  31. How many prescriptions do you take? None.

  32. Lake or Ocean? Anywhere with a nice sandy bottom and no plant life.

  33. What is the worst lie you've ever told to get out of work, (and don't say you've never lied to get out of work, because that my friend is a lie and you know it)? None of my lies have really been very bad, just typical stuff.

  34. Do you carry a backpack, a satchel or "man bag", tote bag, brief case, or a backpack on wheels? I usually don't carry anything, but I don't feel comfortable on public transportation without a backpack.

  35. Have you ever been arrested/cited for anything other than traffic violations? No.

  36. Would you ever move for/with a significant other? Already done that a couple of times.

  37. What was the weirdest thing you had to dissect for biology? Squid. I only took biology once.

  38. Would you ever consider spending some time at a nudist colony? Absolutely not. Have you ever seen the people at those places?

  39. Best thing you can cook? I make a bunch of great pizza items, I make really good eggs and I make a mean Shepherds Pie but instead of mashed potatoes I use Macaroni and Cheese. It's delicious.

  40. If you were going to donate 1000 dollars to a charity, what would that be? The Ronald McDonald House.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny... I had tickets for that same Soul Asylum concert, but had to sell them when something else came up. That was the one in '93 wasn't it?

Unknown said...

Hold on... you are a Mormon and work for a caffeine selling company?

Brandon said...

Dave - '93 sounds about right. Spin Doctors, by the way, were the headliners. Screaming Trees blew both bands right off the stage, of course it was only a short drive from home for them.

Logtar - Mormons own Albertsons and other cafeine dispensing companies, so it's not that weird really. But no, I am not a Morman, I just enjoy playing basketball in their leagues.

John Goodall said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JillWrites said...

"Just one, the language of love"... priceless.

JillWrites said...

Whoa! I just left that comment because I HAD to, but now I'm reading the other comments. I saw Screaming Trees at Lollapalooza in '96. FAN-tastic! I do have a soft spot for Soul Asylum, though.

Brandon said...

Caffeine and Mormon, where is the spell checker for comments?

Thanks for the comments Jill! I've been lurking around your blog for a while myself. I need to start commenting, I'm bad about that.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I told you 13 years ago that you can't put special sauce with the bon's fav! The pineapple sweetness just kills the tomato and garlic flavor of the sauce....Oh, well, guess you'll never learn! By the way, got your email today. Will respond after work tonight!

Subscribe