5/15/2006

A Big Change

Posted by Brandon |

I think that tomorrow I will make a big time change in my wardrobe and my appearance. I'll give it a go for a little while and see how it works out. It's going to be a big change, but it's getting hot down here and the time just seems right.

Nearly everyday for the past 15 years (maybe even more) I have worn an undershirt. Typically a plain white t-shirt under just about anything. Even when I would go to the gym or play basketball or softball I would wear an undershirt under my t-shirt (I've already stopped that). It became a habit, a security blanket.

But I have been growing more and more uncomfortable with these undershirts especially when I am wearing a t-shirt on top. I think it might be time for a change. So let's take a look at the pros and the cons of going without an undershirt...


Pros

  1. It is much, much cooler.
  2. Makes me look less bulky.
  3. I don't have to do the whites nearly as often ("Give me the ringer. Chop! Chop!")
  4. Get rid of the annoyance of having a longer undershirt than t-shirt.
  5. I can wear more of my 2XL shirts.

Cons
  1. I think my man boobs might be more noticeable.
  2. Same with my belly, but I could be wrong.
  3. I am very nervous about my plumbers crack. It always feels like I show more when I don't have an undershirt on. Again, I could be wrong.
  4. Sweat doesn't have anywhere else to go.
  5. More susceptible to titty-twisters (not really that big of a problem anymore)
  6. My neck isn't very tan.

Are there any pros or cons that I am missing? Guys, where do you stand on this issue? It seems like there are more cons than pros, but most of the cons are just in my head, leftovers from Brandon: the self-conscious man.

So what the heck, I'll give it a try. It's going to be weird and I might not like it for a while, but I think in the long run it is going to be liberating.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go you rebel you!

I rarely double-stack a T... unless it's cold or something. I blame it on global warming.

Brandon said...

I know, I'm really breaking boundaries, aren't I? Down With Pants? Down With Undershirts too!

Karl said...

Wow, wearing undershirts with T's? That's a bit over the top, bud. I don't know that I can be of much help here. I so rarely wear undershirts, usually only when I'm wearing a dress shirt of some kind. If I'm in a suit, yeah, I've got an undershirt on. Otherwise, pretty much never.

Peeved Michelle said...

You are fooling yourself if you think your undershirt hides your man boobs. However, it probably does disguise your man nipples. If you get pointy man nipples a lot, you may want to stick with the undershirt.

Anonymous said...

This must be a PNW thing, because Frinklin does it all the time. He was constantly too hot in San Diego, but the double Ts worked great this winter in Washington. Now that the weather is warming here (another Hottest! Summer! Ever! warning on TV tonight) I hear a lot of complaints about being too hot. Take the damn undershirt off already!

Being the native Southern Californian that I am, the less clothes I can get away with, the better.

Subscribe