5/25/2005

Chappelle's Show

Posted by Brandon |

With all the speculation about what the hell is going on with Dave Chappelle and the third season of Chappelle's show, I've been in a reflective mood when watching the reruns on Comedy Central.

Sure, the black white supremacist was hilarious. Sure, the black Real World was crazy. Sure, cracked out Tyrone Biggums kills me. Sure, Tiger Woods saying "Fo Shizzle" at the racial draft was ridiculous. Sure, Dave's Lil Jon impression is so right on. And sure, Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories with Rick James was perhaps the funniest thing I've ever seen. I was physically rolling on the ground laughing, unable to breathe when I first saw it and even now I lose it when I watch that episode.

But for my money, the funniest, most ridiculous, completely surprising and utterly tasteless moment on Chappelle's Show and maybe in all of my years of watching TV was the line "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?" I think I blew soda half way across the room out my nose the first time I heard that.

Get well soon Dave. I look forward to nearly pissing myself again during season three.

0 comments:

Subscribe