12/10/2007

DWP! Gift Guide: Bacon Salt!

Posted by Brandon |

The Down With Pants! Christmas gift guide consists of one item this year....


BACON MUTHA-F%@KING SALT!!!

Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god. Fat free, zero calorie, vegetarian, kosher seasoning salt that makes everything taste like bacon? How did it take me this long to discover?

I got my shipment today and I'm here to tell you that this stuff is good. I mixed it into my macaroni and cheese tonight and sure enough, it tasted like bacon macaroni and cheese. Delicious. I can't wait to try it on a steak or a burger or some french fries or salmon or.....whatever else! The running joke at home or the office since I discovered it is "you know what would go great on ________? BACON SALT!" On the Bacon Salt website and the Bacon Salt blog, you can find all sorts of recipes like spaghetti carbonara, bacon mayonnaise and Bacon Salt scrambled eggs. The possibilities are endless.

So if you are struggling to find that one last gift for your family, friends or coworkers - here it is. Who doesn't agree with their mantra that "everything should taste like bacon"?

6 comments:

Dave2 said...

Bacon Salt started in Seattle... if you hadn't moved to California, you'd have found out about it earlier! When I was a carnivore, one of my favorite meats to eat was bacon. After going vegetarian I got hooked on veggie bacon, but the flavor wasn't quite the same. Then Bacon Salt comes along, and it's better on salad, potatoes, and what-not than veggie bacon!

My new favorite thing is to put Bacon Salt on green beans... they are actually edible that way!

Yaniv said...

Wow. This is the greatest thing since...well...bacon!

I bet it's carcinogenic. There's always a catch.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, bacon tastes good.

I am so on top of this...I need it now!

Avitable said...

That is awesome. I am going to go order some right now.

Poppy said...

I thought you were being random on Avi's blog. Now I understand your chant. I love bacon.

Stu said...

It's all over the world now - Bacon(Salt!) lovers can get Bacon-Salt in UK and Europe now, without the cost and wait of buying from Seattle.

www.crazy4flavour.co.uk ships anywhere in Western Europe, and the postage is included in the price advertised!

Subscribe