2/20/2007

Five Random Things on a Tuesday Night

Posted by Brandon |

Second day in a row that I need to warn you about spoilers. Massive Veronica Mars spoiler at the end...

1. I hope you had a good time tonight celebrating Fat Tuesday even if you aren't in New Orleans or, better yet, Rio De Janeiro. We enjoyed ourselves with a big fat steak while I drank myself silly with Pepsi and Mountain Dew.

"Why did we celebrate with meat and carbonated beverages" you ask? For Lent Death? decided she is going to go vegetarian and not to be outdone, I decided to give up soda. I drink a lot of soda, so it could be a difficult 40 days for me. Maybe I'll just start drinking beer instead. Yeah, that is a good way to replace the four to five sodas I drink each day.

By the way, we are not Catholic, just in need of some discipline in our lives. Is anybody else giving up anything for Lent?

2. Hey Los Angeles area DWP!ers - got any plans for April 1st? I didn't think so. Why not head down to The Grove at 3rd and Fairfax (by the Farmer's Market) at 6:00 PM with an ass whoopin' pillow for the big Pillow Fight Club pillow fight. I'll be saving some feathers for you. And no, I don't think this is an April Fool's joke, it's for real. Check out these pictures from the San Francisco pillow fight last week.

3. I played basketball at my gym for the first time yesterday. I played with a bunch of black guys who play together quite a bit and are pretty damned good. The guy that was guarding me told me straight up that he wasn't really going to guard me because they would never, ever pass me the ball. Well, they finally did pass me the ball and I took a wide open jumper from the top of the key that I thought I would make no problem. Unfortunately the guy who was guarding me must have been able to jump 15 feet in the air because he managed to come block me all the way from the baseline, gather up the ball and put in the game winning layup. That most likely was the last shot I'll ever have the opportunity to take at the gym.

4. I keep meaning to respond to some of the comments about my blogrolling habits, but I keep forgetting so I'll do it here while I'm thinking about it. I don't use my blogroll as a way to read other people's blogs, just a way to recommend blogs to others who happen to come here. I usually read blogs through Bloglines but since my employers are now blocking Bloglines, I'm gradually making the switch to Google Reader. Unfortunately, I still can't visit any of your sites at work to comment but at least I finally have something to read during the downtime.

5. Ok, I warned you, Veronica Mars spoiler in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

What an incredible episode. This season has lacked some of the urgency of the first two seasons, but this episode definitely ranks right up there on the exciting scale. So much happened, nearly every single second was full of suspense, foreshadowing, hilarity, action...whatever. And next week's episode looks equally as good. Too bad it's the last episode before the Pussycat Dolls take over for six weeks and it very well could be the last serialized episode of, by far, my favorite television show ever.

On a sad note...R.I.P. Sheriff Don Lamb. You will be missed, maybe not by the residents of Neptune, but definitely by all of us devoted VM fans. It's good to see Keith back as sheriff, but it's hard to see that bumbling idiot go.

1 comments:

Dave2 said...

I watched in amazement as the episode unfolded and was cursing each commercial break. This one was at Season One level of intensity, and I loved every minute of it. The "battle of wits" they're pushing for next week's arc conclusion makes it look equally astounding. Cannot wait.

Subscribe