3/03/2009

Holy Crap - DWP! Turns Five Today!

Posted by Brandon |

Holy crap everybody! Lost in my self-pity about my less than stellar blogging lately, I almost totally forgot that today is the five year Blogiversary of Down With Pants! That's right, it all started on March 3rd, 2004 and it's all gone downhill from there.

I just went through five years of posts really quickly and here is one from each year that I found that I'm kind of proud of or illustrates what I'm all about...

2004 - A Dirty Shame - October 1st
2005 - DWP! Suggestion Box Day 1: Dwarves - August 15th
2006 - The Lost Blogs - Day 1 - April 10th
2007 - My Saturday Morning TV is Skankier Than Yours - June 11th
2008 - The Boomer - January 11th

I plan on doing a contest this week - I really should reward all of you that have stuck with me through good times and bad - so stay tuned. I'll figure it out tomorrow.

But until then, thank you so much for reading Down With Pants! Going through all those posts really brings home how much blogging has meant to me over the last five years. It's really been the best hobby a boy could ask for and though I haven't met many of you face-to-face yet, I do feel a part of a community and like I've made some great friends doing this. Cheers to you and thanks again!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Big Suck!

You really are a hell of a writer. You've got an easy approach, comfortable style to your crafting.

I wish you would have gotten in the newspaper business but hell, the way newspapers are shutting down these day, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Cheers!

GingerSnaps said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! :)

Avitable said...

Holy shit - 5 years? That's impressive. Happy blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY, BRANDON!!!!

whall said...

I applaud your consistency but am still baffled by your biased lowerclothingism.

All we are sayyyy-ing.
Is give Pants a chance.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Whit said...

Happy 5th! That's awesome.

Brandon said...

Thanks everybody! I appreciate it. Y'all will be automatically entered into my contest when I figure out what I'm going to do.

marty mankins said...

Happy Blogoversary to you, Brandon. 5 years is a long time to be blogging. A cool milestone, indeed.

Jay Ferris said...

I commend you and your commitment to the uncommitable!

Subscribe