3/14/2009

Commemorating FU & THNX CS&TL RIF

Posted by Brandon |

Sorry about the nearly week long absence, I am in the throes of a sickness. Yep, I've got the March Madness. And it won't end until maybe April.

In all the basketball excitement, I forgot to commemorate the one year anniversary of me being laid-off from my last job. I haven't worked in a year now, though staying at home with Addie is as much a full-time job as any other one that I've had. I can't say that I miss working. I miss being around people, especially my friends at my last job, and the fun parts of work. But the tedium and the frustrations that go along with it - I don't miss those at all.

I hesitate to say this out loud and put it into the Googlable ether, but I'm not totally sure how I'm ever going to be able to go back to a conventional job. Being my own master has been AMAZING. I think it's going to have to come down to me opening my own business or working in a super small, untraditional kind of environment.

Don't ask me how I plan to hook that up or how I expect that all to happen, I truly don't have any idea right now.

2 comments:

kapgar said...

If you can remain your own master and still pay the bills and live comfortably, more power to ya! You are, aren't you? I think. I dunno. Let me know.

Unknown said...

Since I'm out there looking, I can tell you that there are plenty of freelance opportunities out there whenever you're ready. I think I'd like to be by own master someday, but I just haven't figured out what/how to do it just yet.

Subscribe