Posted by Brandon |


Man Stuff, Six Months and 10th Anniversaries

Today, I felt like a man. It's not often that I get to feel like a big manly man. I'm a stay at home dad that doesn't do much in the way of man work anyway, so when I get to get all masculine, it's kind of a treat.

Today I...

  • Went to Home Depot and bought a big ass shovel and a rake thingy and a propane tank.
  • Drove home from Home Depot on the back roads of Edmonds and Shoreline to make sure I didn't get stuck in the horrendous ferry traffic.
  • Found a barbecue on Craigslist, haggled about the price with the seller and then got a good deal on a gigantic, beautiful, stainless steal grill that I will be cooking lots and lots of meat on.
In other less manly news, I teared up when I started thinking about how it's Addie's half year birthday. She turned six months already...that's crazy to me.

What does any of this have to do with Lebowski Friday? Nothing at all. I just wanted to write about those things AND, since I've been slacking on the Lebowski Friday posts, bring just a little bit of Dude news to you...


On September 9th, Universal will release this sweet 10th anniversary edition of The Big Lebowski.

Now, I'm no collector. In fact, I hate the way that the studios prey upon the die hard fans of movies by putting out these so called "collectors editions" every couple years without doing much more than upgrading the packaging. But let's be honest with ourselves, shall we? That bowling ball package is pretty awesome. I may have to break down and purchase that bad boy.

Thanks to martymankins (I think that's who it was) for pointing this out to me, like, two or three weeks ago.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to drool over my humongous barbecue. It's nearly midnight...should I really grill myself up something this late? Hmmm...

7 comments:

Avitable said...

That's sweet! I think I'm going to go pre-order that right now.

Sizzle said...

I just wanted to stop by and tell you I had to white russians last night and subsequently quoted The Big Lebowski throughout my sippage.

Whit said...

Did your BBQ come with an umbrella?

Brandon said...

Avitable - I meant to link to the Amazon page. I'm sure you are smart enough to figure it out though.

Sizzle - Ok, but did you order said White Russian with "another Caucasion, Gary"?

Whit - Coincidentally enough, my parents brought up a patio set for us that included an umbrella. So yes.

kapgar said...

Those funky cases are cool, but become a bit of a pain in the ass when you try to put them in your storage case. That's why I ultimately stopped the Simpsons DVDs. I hated the head-sculpted cases.

But this is Lebowski...

Brandon said...

Kapgar - I'm with you on that. The packaging is such a lame way to add value to an otherwise normal DVD set. But it's a bowling ball! I might have to break down on this one.

marty mankins said...

Cool deal. Glad you liked the link I sent you. I thought "This is a cool as shit Lebowski box set" and knew right away who would like it.

Subscribe