9/22/2008

Thoughts On A Cold

Posted by Brandon |

I've got a cold, and yes, I'm going to bitch about it...

  • My respect for stay-at-home moms and dads is already really high, but I never considered what would happen if they become ill.
  • Luckily, if I really feel like I can't go, I have options. I have no idea what people who don't would do.
  • Unfortunately, my babysitting monkey doesn't change diapers. Why do I have him again?
  • Taking care of a child is horrible when you are sick because no matter what you do, there is virtually no way they aren't going to get it too.
  • All I wanted was a big bowl of Pho for lunch today, but I stopped at three places and all of them only took cash. What the Pho? Greek food ended up hitting the spot, though.
  • Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl tea from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf really gets things a running.
  • Soccer is a hard sport. Soccer with a cold is even tougher. But I played a lot more and a lot better than last week. Strange.
  • My ears won't pop. Fuckers. What?
  • The worst part of having a beard with a mustache? Snot all up in it.
  • The best part of having a beard with a mustache? Snot don't run in your mouth.
  • I spent three years in Southern California and I had one or two colds total. The first cold and rainy weather here and I'm already sick. If this coming year is filled with illnesses, we're moving back. I fucking hate being sick.
  • The more I read about it, the more this $700 billion bailout sounds like a bunch of bullshit. (Sorry, not cold related...just bothering me)
  • I hate people that complain about having a cold. What a bunch of babies.

Ok, that's all I got in me. Time to go get hopped up on Nyquil. At least I'll have some good dreams tonight.

6 comments:

Sizzle said...

What is with places only taking cash? It really puts a damper on things.

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Okay so here's what is strange...I have been more sick in Southern California than anywhere else I've lived. Of course, that was Sacramento and Mesa, AZ so maybe humidity is my downfall.

Feel better, snot patrol!

therapy in the making said...

Dood, I hope you feel better soon. I know what you mean. When I get sick I keep thinking that it won't affect me too much but I tend to not be able to get out of bed.

marty mankins said...

Colds suck and I hate how they take every last bit of energy out of you.

I used to dose up with all sorts of OTC pills and what not. Now when I feel one coming on, I drink tons of water, take grapefruit seed extract pills (about 6 a day) and the effects are held off and within 3 days, it's mostly gone.

I get the pills at Whole Foods.

But it only works to head off a cold. Once you have it, they can speed up the process of clearing it up, but you still have the shitty ass no-energy feeling.

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm the opposite in that I think the only bad cold I've had since I moved to Seattle was one that I picked up from my brother when I was out of town, but I used to get sick a lot in Hawaii and even in Texas. Pho is good stuff when sick.

Brandon said...

Thanks everybody, I'm starting to feel better.

Sizzle - I hate cash only places but I do know that credit card companies have been feeing the shit out of some places. Seems discriminatory.

Hilly - The ocean air did wonders for me.

Colin - I was hoping it wouldn't be bad, but it's going to be with me in some way for a week. Yuck.

marty - thanks for the tips. I might try that next time. My mom suggested anything with a ton of Vitamin C. I've known that one, I just didn't think of it in time.

Becky - You are lucky. I know so many people that are perpetually sick here. I couldn't do it. I love Seattle, but like I said, I'll move if I go all year with a cold.

Subscribe