9/02/2008

By The Name Of The GRUNGE MUSIC!

Posted by Brandon |

If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I spent yesterday at Bumbershoot, the always amazing music and arts festival that is the biggest event on Seattle's calendar. I'd forgotten how much I love going to Bumbershoot. Sure it can be a clusterfuck with so many people jammed into one little area and they've pared down the stages and little random events and raised ticket prices. But nonetheless, it's still the best way to spend a Labor Day weekend in Seattle.

I saw a lot of great bands including Death Cab For Cutie (Monday's headliner), Beck (Saturday's headliner), Del The Funky Homosapien, Asylum Street Spankers, PWRFL Power. But the most exhilarating, strangest show that I saw all weekend long lasted only three songs and 13 minutes.

Tel Aviv's Monotonix set their gear up on the floor in the middle of the crowd and proceeded to go bat shit insane. I can't even really describe the madness that was their set or how much the crowd was eating it up, so I'll just have to refer you to the inevitable...the whole thing on YouTube. Enjoy...




Monotonix will make their triumphant return to Seattle on Saturday, September 27th at the Comet and will hit Olympia on the 28th at my new favorite Olympia bar, The Brotherhood. I want to go to the Oly show, but a Sunday might not work out. But by the name of the rock-and-roll....by the name of the grunge music, I'm going to have to make it to one of their shows.

0 comments:

Subscribe