9/25/2005

October is...

Posted by Brandon |


Throughout the month of October I will be growing a mustache for only the second time in my life and I will blog about all of my thoughts and experiences living with the old cookie duster. It'll be kind of like Morgan Spurlock's (a devoted mustachioed man himself) show 30 Days, especially since I have always been a big time mustache hater. I am going to be thrust into a world I know nothing about and hopefully learn from the experience and maybe become less of a stachaphobe.

Inspired by one of my former co-workers projects, 30 Days in Red Pants, I am going to adopt the rules that he lived by during his project...

1. Wear the Red Pants Mustache whenever I'm outside of the house for 30 days straight (this shouldn't be a problem).
2. Never be the first to bring up the Red Pants Mustache.
3. Never reveal the secret of the Red Pants Mustache (except to loyal readers of Down With Pants!).
4. Attempt to get out in public with the Red Pants Mustache as much as possible. Or, at least, more than normal.

In addition, I would love to have my readers share their thoughts on mustaches or their experiences rocking the lip fuzz. If you would like to write a guest post for Mustache Month, please email me at downwithpants@gmail.com. I am also looking for someone else to join me on my journey and grow themselves a mustache during October so that we can compare and contrast our experiences.

Mustache Month kicks off with a bang on October 1st when I will be heading to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena to see my Washington Huskies likely take a beating at the hands of the UCLA Bruins. Nothing like premiering my brand new mustache in front of 55,000 screaming Bruins fans who already hate me because of my Husky jersey. It should be quite a month!

0 comments:

Subscribe