8/18/2008

Pronounce This!

Posted by Brandon |

We just got back from four super relaxing days at Priest Lake in Northern Idaho. Oh what a time we had, but more on that a little later.

Tonight...let's play a game: Please leave a comment with your best guess as to the pronunciation of this Washington/Idaho landmark name...

Pend O'Reille

The first person to guess the correct pronunciation or the closest to it by the end of Tuesday gets a big hearty pat on the back and a new Down With Pants! card (a cheapo Moo business card, in all honesty) sent to them via snail mail.

Good luck! No cheating!

8 comments:

Dave2 said...

I've always heard it pronounced something like "pond ah rhey??"

Yaniv said...

Pando Ray?

Avitable said...

"Pond Uhr Ay"

marty mankins said...

Pen-Doh-Rill is how I've known it (actually been there once when I lived in Spokane)

Anonymous said...

Um... I dunno... Pen-do Rye-lee

Sounds too simple though. And I'm Canadian, maybe my accent's too thick. Ha!

jonb (juan grande) said...

I want it to sound 'Fronch', like:
Pehoh ehReh.

But it IS Idaho, so It's probably a misspelled tribute to Bill O'Reilly--or maybe one of his distant relatives who lives in the town.

Mrs. Hall said...

pen-o-riley?

Unknown said...

I know I'm late to this and am actually wrong, but my thought was "pend-o-ray." I'm sure you wanted to know that someone else guessed wrong ;)

Subscribe