7/02/2007

Ten Things That I Learned From My Bloglines

Posted by Brandon |

There was a ton of interesting stuff waiting for me in my Bloglines tonight, some good of it good news, some of it bad...
  1. I learned from LAist that the band The Format is offering their album Dog Problems for download for free in exchange for signing up for their mailing list. Fair enough, I'll bite. I'm listening to it right now and it's really very good. Check it out for sure.

  2. I knew about this earlier in the day, but LAist also has some great pictures of the Burbank 7-11 that's been converted to a Kwik-E-Mart to promote The Simpsons Movie. There are eleven more Kwik-E-Marts across the country including Seattle and most of the non-Kwik-E-Mart 7-11's are carrying Buzz Cola, Squishees and Krusty-O's. Tomorrow, I'm so there.

  3. Seattlest has the saddest news of the day that I didn't know about. Hansa, Woodland Park's six year old elephant, died early last month. Yes, I teared up when I heard that news...over an elephant. We went to her first birthday celebration when we were living in Seattle and saw her numerous times thereafter. Turns out that elephants can get deadly strains of herpes, of all things. What a bummer.

  4. Kapgar likes pedicures! What a fruit! Just kidding, I think I wouldn't mind one considering how much I hate cutting my own toenails. Then again, I'd be too embarrassed to show them my feet considering how much I hate to cut my own toenails.

  5. I learned that Rattling the Kettle plays hardball reminding me that I should too. Maybe I'll try to find an entry level team to play on here in Ventura. I know they have adult baseball in town. Add baseball to the list of sports I would play.

  6. Edward Fortyhands looks like the best drinking game EVER.

  7. I learned that Hilly hates the Fourth of July and loves the terrorists so much so that she'd love for one of them to give her a massage. How dare she question her Home Owner's Association.

  8. Tara reminded me that I forgot about sing-a-long Sound of Music at the Hollywood Bowl on Saturday night. I was willing to take the wife because I'm sure it's a blast. 17,000 women and gay men singing is always a treat. It wouldn't have worked out though since Death? was on call that night. Maybe next year.

  9. I learned from Deadspin that this is A-Rod's wife (ewwwww) and that she is one class act.

  10. Finally, I learned from I Guess I'm Floating that Tom Jones, of all people, covered the Arctic Monkey's "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" at this weekend's concert for Diana and they have it available to download. It's fucking awesome!

6 comments:

anthony said...

We are supposed to be setting up another one (e. 40hands), I'll keep you posted, we have a futon you guys can sleep on.

kapgar said...

Oh goodie, open me up to a whole new audience full of ridicule. Thanks a pantload. ;-)

Anonymous said...

LOLOL...if I don't display flags, the terrorists win!

MC said...

I wonder how many more months A-Rod's marriage has left in it.

Brandon said...

Anthony - Do you guys do an Edward Pepsihands? As much as I drink anymore, that might be more my speed.

Kapgar - Hey, no problem. Just keep doing what you are doing...fruit.

Hilly - That's right. You are now on the watch list. Have fun flying.

MC - Depends on the prenup. Also, he'll probably just do a Kobe and buy her a monster diamond to shut her up.

Yaniv said...

There's a baseball league right in Ventura - http://www.venturanaba.com/

Subscribe