7/12/2007

The Good: DWP! Fantasy Football

Posted by Brandon |

All I've been reading about in the news is the bullshit that the Bush regime is pulling, the grim reports on Iraq, the rebuilding of Al-Qaeda, tortoise mutilation, etc, etc. Combine that crap with the book that I'm reading, Letter to a Christian Nation, and some personal family things that have gone down that I won't get into, and it's been kind of a deflating, disillusioning, depressing week.

Or so it should be. Somewhere along the line, I became a happy person that doesn't get too down about anything. You can almost call me an optimist at this point. And while bad shit is going down all around me, there are too many good things happening that the bad can't knock me down off of this high that I've been on. It makes for bad art, this blog has definitely suffered over the past couple years because of my good mood, but that's a price I'm willing to pay.

One of the good things that is quickly approaching is football season. And it's time to put out the call for the second season of the DWP! Fantasy Football League. I haven't got anything setup yet, but I want to have a live draft this year so we better get this thing rolling. I'm going to take a look at the different sites to figure out what will work best for us, but we'll probably go with Yahoo again.

This year I really hope we can ramp up the fun. It's still going to be a free league unless people are willing to pay something to have a cash prize. But I'd prefer that everybody contribute something to a prize pool to be distributed to the league winner. I also would love to see side bets and trash talking and all that good stuff between the participants. I'm also thinking about setting up a group blog that we can all post on.

So if you are interested in playing, please leave me a comment and I will put you down for a team. First priority will be given to the teams from last season but if there is demand, we might be able to put together a second league as well. You don't have to have any experience, just about half the league last year didn't. So if you are new to fantasy football, this is probably a league for you. Like I said, leave me a comment if you are interested or email me at downwithpants@gmail.com.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Don't suck us in again!!!

I'll only play if you'll let me win... Me or Hilly... or both...

MC said...

The defending champ is also returning.

anthony said...

sign me up!

Anonymous said...

I would love to join your league if there is room B.....Jim

Joshua Blevins Peck said...

Are we going to get to draft our own team this year? If so, e-mail me. If it is autodraft again, I'll pass.

kapgar said...

Do you really need to ask if I'm interested?

Anonymous said...

You bet I'm in. Thanks for the invite Brandon.

Jacquie said...

Thanks for the re-invite. I love the idea of a ff group blog for us to do our trash talking. That makes it sound even more fun. I'm stoke!d.

Hope things in your personal life get a little happier but glad to hear you're remaining optimistic!

I'm also glad about the live draft!

Subscribe