12/07/2006

ETA VTA

Posted by Brandon |

I don't know what makes me think that I can maintain yet another blog, but tonight I started work on a new Down With Pants! media creation, ETA VTA. Ventura, California is a surprising wasteland of blogging. There are a handful of good blogs, but nobody deals with Ventura entertainment, sports, local goings on and whatnot. The VC Reporter recently launched a bunch of blogs that I thought would have more of a Ventura slant but only one, Popscura, is updated regularly and it's about pop culture in general and doesn't focus on Ventura like I hoped it would.

So a void exists and I feel like filling it. I don't know if I'm qualified to write about Ventura in depth having only lived here for a year and half and being kind of a hermit at times, but I've been thinking about everything that goes on here and in the county and I'm sure that I could find enough to post about every single day, which is more than I can say about DWP! and The Sports Logo Pundit.

Anyway, tonight I worked on the basic framework. Since I've been so happy with how my other two blogs look since I redesigned them, it looks very similar. I wanted to use a picture that I took myself for the header but none of them that I have taken turned out to be worth a damn. The one that I used was the best that I could find. Sometime soon I'll go out and take some better pictures to give it a little less of a travel brochure feel. And I don't know about the green background. At times I like it, at others I hate it, but I can't seem to find a better looking color so for now, that's what it's going to be.

If you have a second, please head on over and check out the little that I have done and give me a some feedback. I would really appreciate it.

0 comments:

Subscribe