1/27/2005

Weird Spam

Posted by Brandon |


While checking my personal Yahoo! email today I came across a troubling spam email. It was one of those scam bank emails that tells you to enter your debit card number and pin so they can help you out. I get tons of those everyday at all of my email addresses. Usually they are picked up by the spam blocker and I never even notice them.

However, this email today got past my spam blocker because it somehow looked like it was from someone on my contact list. The little file icon I circled in the picture is what Yahoo! uses to signify that it came from someone in your address book. Of course it didn't come from anyone in my address book so I'm curious how they managed to mark it like it did.

Has anyone else run into this? Is this a common practice that just barely is getting to me or is this something new that someone has discovered they can exploit?

0 comments:

Subscribe